Wondering if anyone saw this?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Here is an interesting fact that may suggest we could be headed for something special:

Starting in 1918 and every 24 years after that, Tech has had a great season of football. Each started out 5-0 at worst and ended with only one loss or tie.
1918: 6 - 1 - 0
1942: 9 - 1 - 0
1966: 9 - 1 - 0
1990: 11 - 0 - 1
Projected 2014: 11 - 1 - 0

AND, I agree, one game at a time - let's take care of the Dukies!

If CPJ can't keep this streak going, he needs to be fired!

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I’m pretty sure the technical difficulty was GT being #1 there. I’m thinking it was supposed to be FSU and something happened.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
I wasn't able to hear and explanation, I only saw the prediction. Not only do I love the fact that we are the number 1 seed in his prediction, I'm digging the fact that he decided to do it on ESPN! He's an OSU guy so I'm sure the SEC isn't his favorite conference either.

A friend of mine worked on the dev team for NCAA football and Madden at EA for years and told me a story about how Joey Galloway called him up and told him how the blocking on NCAA football for the option was all wrong. That (and a post on OS way back) changed up how EA implemented the option in their game. Joey *loves* the option. He also said Joey would call and complain about his stats all the time, too.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I’m pretty sure the technical difficulty was GT being #1 there. I’m thinking it was supposed to be FSU and something happened.
I think that he didn't mean for them to be #1 seed but meant for them to be in there. Because if he meant to have FSU in their he would have said that there was technical issues and not a joke. Who knows, we could both be wrong.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
A friend of mine worked on the dev team for NCAA football and Madden at EA for years and told me a story about how Joey Galloway called him up and told him how the blocking on NCAA football for the option was all wrong. That (and a post on OS way back) changed up how EA implemented the option in their game. Joey *loves* the option. He also said Joey would call and complain about his stats all the time, too.

You'd be amazed how often EA & other video game makers get contacted by Athletes and their agents about their player ratings in those video games. You'd think the athletes would spend their time worrying about how to get better at their craft. Goes to show you that even top tier athletes are still kids at heart.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't think ESPN has an agenda against us. They jump on what is hot...that's the SEC right now. My problem with them is lack of football knowledge their analysts have. Former player analysts have the knowledge but most seem to have played in the SEC and are homo for SEC. The other jocks seem to mostly buy in to the hate option football group. The result of all of the above is general lack of coverage OR understanding of our offensive system.
It is not that the SEC is hot, it is that ESPN just signed a 20-yr contract with the SEC... Disney's shareholders would revolt if ESPN wasn't promoting the conference the most moves the bottom line...

prifle2

Jolly Good Fellow
I dont know. I get the joke. We are not nearly proven enough to be the number 1 team in all of college football, but the fact remains that we did get air time with the big boys and now we have become part of the conversation. Even if its to discount our chances, I like the positive press. We may not get it here locally but its certainly helping our recruiting and our National brand. We are different and we have a Galloway speed type triggerman to really make others pay attention.

I just hope CPJ and others are working overtime helping JT become more media comfortable because right now GT is one of the top new stories out there.. And he's going to be the face of our team. The better he comes across, the more people are going to want a piece of our story and JT.

All this said, we have to keep winning to make it happen..

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow
Galloway may have been joking, but Walt Deptula, a well-respected local radio host in Upstate SC, is firmly on the GT bandwagon. I was listening yesterday and he said GT will beat UGA and FSU and win the ACC title. Clemson fans were calling in all day after that, starting to get worried about that game. He said Clemson is the toughest game we have left, and he'd worry about Duke just because of where it falls on the schedule.

Pretty high praise.