Wonder who CPJ is rooting for

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So are the Navy Seals

And the Naval aviators. Another one of my son's fellow Marine aviators died recently in an F-18 crash in Japan. That is no game.

I think CPJ realizes the depth of passion for both sides and tremendously respects both teams. I'd bet he is conflicted too. I'll root for them all and just want to see a well played game.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This ain't gonna be Army's year IMO. Navy is legit good and Army is still rebuilding. It's a rivalry though so crazy things can happen. All are heroes in my book. God bless them all.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I always tell people that the Army-Navy game is a display of the best attributes America has to offer. A group of young men working selflessly without recognition towards the same thing. When they put their football uniforms away, and put on their REAL uniform, both sides will ultimately be on the same team defending the country.

As for the game this year, unfortunately Navy will be without some key players that got hurt during the conference championship. Most importantly, their QB...who started the year as their 2nd string. So Navy is really down to their 3rd string QB.

Coach Monken has done a fantastic job for Army. Much more competitive than they have been.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I always tell people that the Army-Navy game is a display of the best attributes America has to offer. A group of young men working selflessly without recognition towards the same thing. When they put their football uniforms away, and put on their REAL uniform, both sides will ultimately be on the same team defending the country.

As for the game this year, unfortunately Navy will be without some key players that got hurt during the conference championship. Most importantly, their QB...who started the year as their 2nd string. So Navy is really down to their 3rd string QB.

Coach Monken has done a fantastic job for Army. Much more competitive than they have been.
I'll add to this, it's crazy to me that this is rarely in the conversation about the best rivalry in college sports, let alone football. tOSU/Mich, Alabama/Auburn, Duke/UNC, have nothing on this one imo.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

Amen!! It's great that the powers that be have now set this game apart on its own weekend after all the conference championships. This year is particularly 'better' because both teams have put together strong seasons. Congrats to both programs!!! There is no comparing this college football game to any other. It's quite special for exactly the reasons @Techster says. The young men and women at the military academies are the best of our youth and truly national treasures.

For 3 hours, I'll be pulling for Navy tomorrow. The rest of the year, I pray these men and women always feel the full support of a grateful nation for all their sacrifice.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Amen!! It's great that the powers that be have now set this game apart on its own weekend after all the conference championships. This year is particularly 'better' because both teams have put together strong seasons. Congrats to both programs!!! There is no comparing this college football game to any other. It's quite special for exactly the reasons @Techster says. The young men and women at the military academies are the best of our youth and truly national treasures.

For 3 hours, I'll be pulling for Navy tomorrow. The rest of the year, I pray these men and women always feel the full support of a grateful nation for all their sacrifice.
Well said and ditto!!! Go Navy!!!

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'll add to this, it's crazy to me that this is rarely in the conversation about the best rivalry in college sports, let alone football. tOSU/Mich, Alabama/Auburn, Duke/UNC, have nothing on this one imo.
I have been to one Army-Navy game in my life. It was in Philly's Vet stadium back in the late 90's. It was the single best game day experience of my life. The tailgating is the best you will ever see. Part of what makes it so good is that the fans antagonize each other but do it in a very good spirited way. I was laughing my butt off most of the day before the game. The crowd really gets into the game and the "spirit spots" during the TOs are hilarious. The rivalry is as passionate as you will find, without the trailer park trash.