Women vs UGA

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Is UGa any good, or was this loss a disappointment?
UGa is experienced, with 4 or more seniors returned. They also had the depth and could keep rotating in fresh players. We only returned 2 seniors, and one of those, our starting point guard, didn’t play. We only dressed 7 for the game.

Last edited:

slugboy

Staff member
There aren’t a lot of ratings for women’s basketball outside of the top 25 rankings, and not much of it means a lot just two games in. Roughly, we’re in the same middle of bubble-region teams with a shot at the tourney or NIT, but it’s less likely than not at this point.

I like what’s happening with the team, but they’re just getting started.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the replies. I am admittedly not knowledgable about women's basketball, but it looks like that's the sport I will be following this winter. Do they sell tickets for those games (I know we don't for the men).

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the replies. I am admittedly not knowledgable about women's basketball, but it looks like that's the sport I will be following this winter. Do they sell tickets for those games (I know we don't for the men).
I believe it's the same ticket situation as the men's team.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Boyd is out too, with an injury.
Mr. Musterer told me that Ronnie Nwora is sitting this season out w/ coronageddon concerns. I forgot to ask about Montgomery.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Boyd did play a minute or two in the Tulane game, although it may take her into ACC season play to be at full strength with her knee.

Montgomery will sit out due to coronageddon concerns, this year.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Does anyone know why we would have to go to ND twice? We already played up there and the schedule has us going back up there on the 3rd, I believe it says. May just be a misprint. Of course, the way we played up there the first time, it may not be a bad thing. Just looking for some insight if anyone has any.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know why we would have to go to ND twice? We already played up there and the schedule has us going back up there on the 3rd, I believe it says. May just be a misprint. Of course, the way we played up there the first time, it may not be a bad thing. Just looking for some insight if anyone has any.
I thought it may have been a misprint as well, but multiple sites had the same thing. My only guess is that it has something to do with scheduling peculiarities this season. It looks like the ACC added 2 games to the Women's conference schedule this year, so balancing who plays who and home/away games? The Men also have a game at home on Sunday. If there's any year to play at Notre Dame twice, this is the year. They're not the Notre Dame they've been in the past, and no fans.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
And a gutsy performance by the Women last night against NC State. The #3 team, being off for 17 days due to COVID, not having McQueen. Got off to a slow start like the Men did against UNC, but battled back to cut it to single digits. Good to see Fletcher back as well.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
It’s strange that Louisville was scheduled to play at Duke twice(before the Blue Devils cancelled their season due to coronageddo), Clemson to Pitt. twice, and GT to ND two times.

The conference is divided into three regional divisions, with home and away games played against divisional opponents, five home games against non-divisional opponents, and five away games against non-divisional opponents. Note those exceptions, listed above.
Per NCAA rules, teams can schedule 23 regular-season games and participate in one multiple-team event that includes up to four games, or schedule 25 regular-season games if a team does not compete in a multiple-team event.

Four ACC teams were listed among the Associated Press Preseason Top 25 Poll, headlined by ACC preseason favorite Louisville at No. 5, No. 8 NC State, No. 22 Notre Dame and No. 23 Syracuse. Florida State, North Carolina, Boston College and Duke did receive votes.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
GT Volleyball is ranked #18 preseason after winning their final 7 matches in the Fall. 2004 was the last preseason ranking.

Cubaj has 13 double-doubles in her career.
Love had 12, Fletcher 13 and Lotta led w/15 pts.

Down by 9 in the opening period, by the middle of the third, a 50-32 lead.
Good 67-55 victory for a fifth victory.