Wofford

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Do not sleep on these guys. They can play. 2 of their 3 losses are against Mizzou and UNC.

Fletcher Magee can really shoot it and Collins is an excellent player.

I don't think they will be able to handle our bigs though. I like Chuck and Jacobs to have another big day.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
When are finals at GT? Traditionally we have slept walked through several games during that time.

Is this one of those trap games? It will be interesting to see if we improve coming off of better competition since we probably haven't been able to practice much since getting back. Yes, we got worked against Villanova, but I thought there were some good things there. If we come back with our foot on the pedal, improve execution and do what we should, I will take that as a positive. A ho-hum effort where we are sweating with 5:00 left, and I will be concerned.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Either Finals are next week and we smartly scheduled no games or we'll face VCU at home during Finals week on national TV.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Finals are Dec 7-11.
We actually scheduled smartly then (I hope). Maybe we'll get on the road and recruit since every ACC & SEC school was in looking to gobble up local talent this past weekend while there was no indication we were anywhere to be found.

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
Bookmakers have GT opening at -5. Thought it might be higher. Now up to GT -8.5. As others have mentioned, Wofford may be a tough game for us.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Woffard is ranked #163 and ETSU #207. Who can we sleep on?

About three games into the season we had a 50/50 shot to make NCAAs. Now with two losses we are at about 25/75. NIT seems realistic .......

Woffard has made the NCAAs 4 of the last 6 years. We have gone once. Ouch. For such a small school, they do very very well. And have good liberal arts academics. I spent a few weeks there when I was in high school. Given their size and liberal arts focus (large female student body representation) it is impressive they are as competitively successful as they are. Kudos. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wofford_College

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My tickets for tonight just opened up. If anyone can use them last second, hit me up with a PM. Free, of course. First come, first served.