Wofford

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm trying to decide if this will be a good game to take my 2 daughters (ages 5 and 7), who may or may not have a good time. I do not remember how crowded these games are considering it's the first one of the year. Anyone have a guess of the attendance? I'd rather take them to a game that's not totally packed (even tho I hate when we don't sell out). Couldn't make it to the spring game like I planned to give it a trial run.

I'm trying to decide if this will be a good game to take my 2 daughters (ages 5 and 7), who may or may not have a good time. I do not remember how crowded these games are considering it's the first one of the year. Anyone have a guess of the attendance? I'd rather take them to a game that's not totally packed (even tho I hate when we don't sell out). Couldn't make it to the spring game like I planned to give it a trial run.
Don't think you have anything to worry about there. The Elon game was well-attended but certainly nowhere close to a full house. Wofford should be about the same. The only problem you might have will be the heat. It was BRUTAL last year for that noon Elon game.....hottest I have ever been at a game.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
According to NOAA the planet had the hottest June on record this year which was also more than a full degree warmer than average for the entire previous century. What was this thread about? I forget. I don't have an air conditioner in this part of my house. It's Maine, for crying out loud.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Hottest game I have ever been to ... PJ's first as a head coach, 97 against Valdosta State. About 30 folks in the stands dropped because of the heat and had to be treated.

At least the Wofford game will be quick because they like to run it, too, as has been noted above. They'll have a good offensive line - they almost always do. But I don't think they have the horses in the backfield or on defense to make much of a difference. I may have a work commitment that day, tho. Or a beer commitment with some air conditioning to watch it.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
I will be bringing the fam over for this game. Spending the long weekend in ATL with the wife and three kids (3, 5 and 9 in profile pic). Highlight will be the game of course. Worried a little about the heat, but as the possum said, I expect it to be a quick game. Anyone got and O/U on passes attempted for this one?

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
I've got 2 girls that are 5 and 7 and I've been taking them to games for 4 years and they love it. My 7 year old loves to cheer so I make sure I get tickets right in front of some cheerleaders. We don't have season rickets anymore cause we are 5 hrs away and it gets expensive taking 6 to ATL 6-7 times a year, but we still go to a couple of games a year. I hope to get tickets to tulane since it's only and hour away.

Take them and y'all will have a ball.

wuzjrbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Hottest game I have ever been to ... PJ's first as a head coach, 97 against Valdosta State. About 30 folks in the stands dropped because of the heat and had to be treated.

At least the Wofford game will be quick because they like to run it, too, as has been noted above. They'll have a good offensive line - they almost always do. But I don't think they have the horses in the backfield or on defense to make much of a difference. I may have a work commitment that day, tho. Or a beer commitment with some air conditioning to watch it.

The 1990 game vs NC State, it was around 100 degrees, lots of folks were having trouble with the heat. Probably the hottest game I have attended.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
[QUOTE="Supersizethatorder-mutt, post: 65964, member: 435.....hottest I have ever been at a game.

You weren't at the NC State game in '09, were you?[/QUOTE]

THAT was the hottest game I have ever attended. Bet I drank at least 3 quarts of water and never even had to go to the bathroom.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
THAT was the hottest game I have ever attended. Bet I drank at least 3 quarts of water and never even had to go to the bathroom.

I was at both, thought 1990 was worse, but both very hot.[/QUOTE]
1990 NC State was hotter. But, the hottest I've been at a game was 1978, at Duke.