Wofford - players of the game

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Shawn Green makes sense to me. He played the first series, and we held them to 3 and out. Gamble played the second series, and they scored. Green in third was part of holding them to 3 and out etc until the big TD run when Green was in but not his fault.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Anyone who knows, and I know this is the wrong thread but...there was a Griffin on the sideline who was in a game jersey (didn't see the #) but not pads. Was that Lynn? Not sure if suspended players are allowed to be on the sidelines or tavel with the team.

I saw Corey's name and it reminded me.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Shawn Green looked pretty good. He went down early and it looked bad. I was like man this guy is snake bit. Glad he was ok. Hope he has a great and healthy season.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone who knows, and I know this is the wrong thread but...there was a Griffin on the sideline who was in a game jersey (didn't see the #) but not pads. Was that Lynn? Not sure if suspended players are allowed to be on the sidelines or tavel with the team.

I saw Corey's name and it reminded me.
I would assume that was Lynn. Suspended players won't travel but they are allowed to be on the sidelines. Heck, I've been on the sidelines a few times before so there's no reason why a player (even a suspended one) shouldn't be allowed there.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Shawn Green makes sense to me. He played the first series, and we held them to 3 and out. Gamble played the second series, and they scored. Green in third was part of holding them to 3 and out etc until the big TD run when Green was in but not his fault.

Have no problem with Green who played a good game. Just hope he holds up. If you want to watch good defender every play keep your eyes on Davis. He always knows where the ball is, he is always after it, and he usually gets in on the tackle. Even when he is "schemed out of the play" like on a blitz he will find the ball and chase it down. I really like his hustle and defensive play. I am hoping Freeman and Merriweather will become similar players. At times I saw something similar in Chungong.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Maybe I need to rewatch but I didn't think Green looked very good at all. I thought Gamble played better (probably just due to taking up more space). I haven't read many threads from the game because there's a kajillion of them so I'm sure some of y'all have made some kind of analysis between the two.

To my eyes though, Demond Smith was by far the best player on Defense.