Woffard, Baseball

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Don't overlook Wofford, just ask UVa. (oops wrong sport)

Tuesday 6PM. 60F and partly cloudy (nice change)

Looks like Hill will be starting. I don't expect a high pitch count given it's his first start and he's only pitched 2.0 innings this year.
1679347490713.png

Brief article here https://ramblinwreck.com/jackets-return-home-to-host-wofford/

We aren't as favored as I thought:
1679344975013.png

Probably since Woffard lost opening day then ripped off 14 straight wins. But they've lost the last 4. Last mid-week they lost @uGag 8-10. So it'll be a good game, but hopefully not too good for them.

1679345184813.png

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Hill starting is interesting. If we keep pitching Busse 2 innings every outing, we'll need another "closer" throughout the weekend. Hill looked good in that role on Saturday. Perhaps building him up to be another 2 inning closer on the weekends with Busse, or trying to build him into a reliable starter?

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
Hill starting is interesting. If we keep pitching Busse 2 innings every outing, we'll need another "closer" throughout the weekend. Hill looked good in that role on Saturday. Perhaps building him up to be another 2 inning closer on the weekends with Busse, or trying to build him into a reliable starter?
My guess would be that Hill will be given strong consideration for the starting rotation once he can get stretched out. Perhaps he will be the one to take down the bull. Getting 6 strong out of him every weekend would be more valuable than another good back-end of the bullpen piece.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
"Woffard" ... the ole disrespect them by misspelling their institution.

Damn, and I was trying to be nice. Hope this isn't bulletin board material (tic).

I've been there as a kid living in SC. Very pretty campus in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains.

Edit: Just noticed I spelled it wright and rong in the opening post.

Last edited:

MaverickGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Ouch, this is no bueno. About time to start the fire CDH slogan again. J Batt might as well make it a clean sweep this year with all our HC’s and turn the page. We will not even make it to a regional at this pace

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It's baseball. Some days go your way, some don't. As @GTNavyNuke says, flush it and beat Clemson.

We usually score 10 or so and left 16 on. RISP was .214 and overall hitting was .375.

But our pitching was poor with 8 ER and it could have been worse as they left 8 on and we got a fortunate DP. But it was more that Wofford was hitting well @.389 (we threw 65% strikes) than walks (3BB + 2HBP). Some nights (or playing post season) you don't have the hits and need the pitching. Plus the D wasn't that good with an error and a botched DP ball. We need to get better in pitching and more consistently good on D.

Hill had a really rough go and they saw him very well in the second. 6 hits and we only gave up 4 since the inning ended with a fortunate unassisted DP to Compton. Men on 2nd & 3rd and one out usually score and Wofford would have traded an out for a run if they could have.

Yeah flush it.

1679482446829.png