Winter is Coming - Offseason S&C

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
https://ramblinwreck.com/winter-is-coming/

“Under the direction of head football strength and conditioning coach Lewis Caralla, the 10 teams will compete to earn points based on their performances in three areas of the offseason program:
  1. Competition Tuesdays – a weekly showdown that pits teams against each other in matchups of strength, speed and agility;
  2. The Hunger Board – a determination by Georgia Tech’s strength and conditioning staff if student-athletes are satisfied (happy with where he is and maintaining that level), hungry (doing what is asked of him and improving at an expected level, but no more) or starving (striving to improve every day as an individual and a team);
  3. Discipline – points are earned or deducted based on performance in areas that specifically require individual and team discipline, including academics, weight goals, locker room appearance, community service and respect.”

MidtownJacket

Staff member

“Under the direction of head football strength and conditioning coach Lewis Caralla, the 10 teams will compete to earn points based on their performances in three areas of the offseason program:
  1. Competition Tuesdays – a weekly showdown that pits teams against each other in matchups of strength, speed and agility;
  2. The Hunger Board – a determination by Georgia Tech’s strength and conditioning staff if student-athletes are satisfied (happy with where he is and maintaining that level), hungry (doing what is asked of him and improving at an expected level, but no more) or starving (striving to improve every day as an individual and a team);
  3. Discipline – points are earned or deducted based on performance in areas that specifically require individual and team discipline, including academics, weight goals, locker room appearance, community service and respect.”
LOVE THIS. I am all about accountability and installing a process for the way we go about our business.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

That is really great i love what Geoff Collins is starting to do with the Georgia Tech football program

GT Chillin' It

Jolly Good Fellow
Looking at the list of captains my money is on the Juanyeh/Tre team. Their personalities are too good not to pick up the rest of their group. Who y’all got?

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I think the marketing department at Waffle House should start to market food packaging specifically targeted for purposes of "Tailgating". I can guarantee you that there will be a spike in the GT fans frequenting Waffle House if not bringing it to the games.
Their cups could replace the solo cup theme beer pong games etc.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
We probably need an off-season S&C media thread.

This is good stuff!
I am pretty sure that is the intent of this thread.

Caralla's energy is off the charts! I wonder if he wakes his wife up the same way in the morning? Can you imagine what it must be like trying to bottle that up? I wonder if he has a IV drip of Red Bull prior to the morning workouts!
I guess Felds has seen the tapes and knows what he signed up for (lol). Everyone is going to be a morning person! Get hyped!

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I am pretty sure that is the intent of this thread.

Caralla's energy is off the charts! I wonder if he wakes his wife up the same way in the morning? Can you imagine what it must be like trying to bottle that up? I wonder if he has a IV drip of Red Bull prior to the morning workouts!
I guess Felds has seen the tapes and knows what he signed up for (lol). Everyone is going to be a morning person! Get hyped!
I'm impressed with Caralla's energy also. You can't but wind up getting charged up yourself.