Winning streak

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Are we referring to the back to back wins as a "winning streak?" I really don't have a guess. Winning back to back ACC games under Gregory is a miracle in its own, so maybe they can keep it going. Only way to get in the tournament at this point is to put together a streak.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
The next two are imminently winnable. Clemson at home, then BC away. Would be sweet to win both and carry some momentum into the ACC tourney. That last game against Louisville is gonna be wicked hard though.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
The next two are imminently winnable. Clemson at home, then BC away. Would be sweet to win both and carry some momentum into the ACC tourney. That last game against Louisville is gonna be wicked hard though.

We have Pitt after Louisville. Could definitely see us winning 3 of 4, but 2 of 4 may be more reasonable

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Would love to know how long it's been since we won 3 ACC games in a row? Really proud of team right. Its really a shame though because we could easily be .500 or better right now if we didn't let several of those close losses get away.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
What are the chances this saves Gregory's job?
I love CBG as a person. Good Christian man. I personally like that. As a person, I think he is as good as any.
As a coach, I think GT can do better.

I never want to root against us. And I won't. I am happy for our kids and hope we win it all. But the fact still remains that CBG has a bad track record on the court at GT and in GT recruiting. The late surge seems more of a rally of players around a coach/man they love and respect; not a turn of the corner. Just my opinion.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
GT's longest winning streak this season is 3 games (it's longest losing streak is also 3 games) - guess you could say GT has been very consistent.
Hopefully we have a 4 game winning streak after Saturday but I won't count any game as a win.

I don't think Gregory's job was in jeopardy this year unless we won something like 10 games due to contracts so i'm not going to worry about that. After next season is the first time I think GT might make a change.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
GT's longest winning streak this season is 3 games (it's longest losing streak is also 3 games) - guess you could say GT has been very consistent.
Hopefully we have a 4 game winning streak after Saturday but I won't count any game as a win.

I don't think Gregory's job was in jeopardy this year unless we won something like 10 games due to contracts so i'm not going to worry about that. After next season is the first time I think GT might make a change.

From a recruiting perspective, do you think any graduate or unsigned ACC caliber PGs may give us another look since it seems as though they can get playing time right away? If I had to guess, I would say that Heyward may choose to graduate (assuming he is on schedule) thus freeing up another roster spot. I should say, I haven't soured on TJ or Heath but simply acknowledging that they may need more help next season.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The UL game is definitely going to be hard with their defense as good as it is, but I noticed outside of VT scoring 80 against them while losing 71/72 has been the most points scored against their D so it's not like we did bad. We just need our defense to do its part and who knows, but really right now I just want to beat BC and avoid a let down against them. Environment won't be too much to handle considering there was only a few hundred people watching their game last night... unless the awkwardness of an empty arena throws people off.

Whatllyahave

Georgia Tech Fan
Since we don't have a serviceable point guard the idea of putting MGH and Smith has worked well. Neither is a terrific ball handler but both can score. Leaving Heath and Jorgenson on the bench is most assuredly addition by subtraction. IMHO MGH has played at an all conference level the last half dozen games. I wonder what the NBA thinks of him.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There is absolutely nothing to substantiate this, so please do not consider it to be a rumor, but it wouldn't surprise me to see one of Heath or Jorgensen transfer.

Especially if they bring in a grad transfer like they want that will dominate the ball next year.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It's only been 1 year since TJ tore his knee. I'd not be surprised if his performance next fall is much better (closer to what we were seeing with him as a true freshman). He'll be quicker and stronger with 2 years of recovery. Don't have much of a comment on Heath.

BeeRBee

Jolly Good Fellow
We can hope that Jorgenson continues to improve, but he tore his knee in November 2013, more than 2 years ago.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
We can hope that Jorgenson continues to improve, but he tore his knee in November 2013, more than 2 years ago.

You can also hope I improve enough to come back to GT and play...I still have 4 years of eligibility...but I think your hopes will be dashed in both cases.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
At this point if the knee is still the issue, it's 100% in his head.

Since we don't have a serviceable point guard the idea of putting MGH and Smith has worked well. Neither is a terrific ball handler but both can score. Leaving Heath and Jorgenson on the bench is most assuredly addition by subtraction. IMHO MGH has played at an all conference level the last half dozen games. I wonder what the NBA thinks of him.
Was listening to C&C on the way home last night, and they mentioned they spoke to a scout in person (were broadcasting from McCamish) that said he was specifically there to see MGH, not Blossomgame (although I'm sure that was a bonus). He's not getting much love in mocks, but his stock will only improve when NBA teams are able to get their hands on him and see just how big and strong he is. Not to mention the kid's character.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
OK, I posted this in the BC thread, but it belongs here:
My take, fwiw:

As bad as we've played this year, RPI says we (68) should've beat FSU (76) and CU (107). ND (28) was a good win, but we almost gave it away. CU was closer than it should've been.

Of course, we should beat BC (234).

In other words, I'm not sure that our W streak necessarily means that we've turned the corner and so should translate to optimism about LOLvl (20) or Pit (36). That being said, perhaps the difference between 20 and 100 isn't that great? I think we beat Pitt at home..