Winning Streak

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Not really surprising when you consider that the teams most likely to have winning streaks are likely to be playing each other either in conference championships or bowl games the last two games, and many play challenging games during rivalry week.

Deleted member 2897

This stat shows just how hard it is to win consistently at the power 5 level: GT has a 4 game winning streak right now to finish the season, and that is the 7th longest winning streak of all P5 teams, approximately 60 teams.

I think this is a dumb statistic. A 4 game winning streak is the 7th longest in the nation. Well a 5 game winning streak would be 6th. A 6 game winning streak would be 5th. 7 = 4th. 8 = 3rd. 9 = 2nd. 10 = 1st. That's the theoretical smallest it could be. Alabama has a very long winning streak. But then there are big gaps. But hopefully you get my point here. Half of teams in bowl games have to lose, so bowl games will eliminate half of the top 80 teams. Not a fan of this stat.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think this is a dumb statistic. A 4 game winning streak is the 7th longest in the nation. Well a 5 game winning streak would be 6th. A 6 game winning streak would be 5th. 7 = 4th. 8 = 3rd. 9 = 2nd. 10 = 1st. That's the theoretical smallest it could be. Alabama has a very long winning streak. But then there are big gaps. But hopefully you get my point here. Half of teams in bowl games have to lose, so bowl games will eliminate half of the top 80 teams. Not a fan of this stat.
I have no idea what the actual numbers are with current streaks, but I don't think what you are saying is true. There might be four teams with a 5 game streak, and two teams with a 6 game streak, and that would still make 4 game streaks the seventh longest.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Pretty impressive stat. We once owned of of the longest in the nation during the Dodd era. At one time we were like number 2 or 3 behind OU during the Bud Wilkinson era. Too lazy to google it but it was like 25-30.