Win v Rider reactions

Reaction to beating Rider as we did?

• more optimistic or excited

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Because I do not get espnu, I was not able to watch this game. I listened, but the tie at halftime was too much. We are simply not very good.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Our defense was much better this game, but had no offense. We are missing way too many shots around the basket. If Cox or Mitchell get swarmed, instead of chucking the ball at the net, they need to kick it out and we need to reset the offense. Way too many stupid forced shots last night that had no chance of going in. Obviously some better 3 shooting would help too....

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
SAD,really sad. We are back to blewitt---throw it up there somewhere and go get it. We are now on the mid level of the MAAC not ACC.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Now that I can sit at a computer and type Ill give my full reactions to whats going on.

This team needs to figure out how to carry the same intensity it had at the UGA game. That was the best any GT team had played against a power conference school in a long time.

Josh Heath has surpassed TJ as the teams PG. I thought in the UGA game Jorg played very well but I think he is not even close to healthy.
To beat a dead horse, our FT shooting continues to be horrendous and is rivaled only by our horrific 3pt shooting.
Our rebounding is decent but CMN should work on proper box out with our bigs. A lot of just throw the big body around and go get it is happening underneath.
Perimeter defense we know about.
Tadric has shown something in this tournament. He needs to be getting more than 13 mins in a game. If we are going to be bad, put that young man on the floor and let him figure it out.
Some players I had high hopes for this season have not panned out in the first five games. Id like to see Heyward take some minutes from some and at least give us a perimeter defensive presence.

Again, find the passion that we showed in the UGA game and replicate it. Somehow. Or this is going to get out of hand.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There are several obvious areas of improvement, but if they don't ratchet up passion & intensity, the hard work put in becomes futile.