Williams leaves for Bears

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Personally, I would have kept Mac to insure that there was someone on staff that could be a contact point for this year's recruits. Particularly since he was the lead recruiter for Griffin the Younger (look at his thread above to see his regrets). But that's Coach's decision and that's the way things go. As is the case with this decision. We'll move on and all will be satisfied, at least for the time being.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Here we go again.
I wish I could share info on how Andy felt he was treated - since it's only a short txt it is subject to wide interpretation and furthermore it was given in confidence.

When u have fruit basket turnover like we did , the guys at bottom half usually can find a job right away (go whereever so they can climb the ladder ). The top half have higher salary, deeper roots, broad experience that makes their transition more deliberate.

I would hope no one is saying our previous staff is suspect due to current employment. This staff was unique in its stability, its scheme, and its overlapping responsibilities. The number of candidates for and jobs waiting for a 3O bb/qb mesh ast coach is limited. Several other positions are like this. I think our previous staff deserves our greatest benefit of the doubt and respect as they transition. Just by the pool its hard to find great expierenced coaches and it does limit their next career steps.

NOW
What I thought u were saying is about staff leaving from THIS NEW STAFF. I think your point is if this staff ever cant find a job, it will mean they have failed to produce. ( ugh) That would mean cgc misjudged the hire and needs a do over. Surec hope he doesnt hide the problem due to loyalty

What I hope is we do great and when we have staff leaving , WE UPGRADE the position by bringing in more senior power 5 replacement who helps us to the next level.

I just wanted a place to note where our tech men are going

SoMsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
My whole point is, " it's time to move on". I think CPJ is an offensive guru, without peer. I also think the 3O has run it's course. That coupled with the schedule manipulation and negative recruiting associated with the 3O on both the off and def, the option no longer gives us the advantage. The wishbone faded away at the P5 level. Maybe, it's time for the 3O to do the same. Recruiting has changed drastically in the last 10 years with social media becoming a major player. GT needed to advance the program or become Tulane.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The anti 3O posters keep yammering to "let it go" yet they are the ones who don't.
Haven't thrown any rocks.....just don't buy hype hook, line and sinker like several posters here.
I prefer to see results on the field first.
Then do like the rest of us who are cautiously optimistic, but don't really like a hype show, and keep quiet about it until he's had an opportunity to walk the walk. Right now he's building expectations and excitement. That's fine if he backs it up. Just hold your peace until he's had a chance to do that. Once he has, you'll have plenty of opportunity to grouse. You don't have to piss in everyone's Wheaties...so to speak.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
My whole point is, " it's time to move on". I think CPJ is an offensive guru, without peer. I also think the 3O has run it's course. That coupled with the schedule manipulation and negative recruiting associated with the 3O on both the off and def, the option no longer gives us the advantage. The wishbone faded away at the P5 level. Maybe, it's time for the 3O to do the same. Recruiting has changed drastically in the last 10 years with social media becoming a major player. GT needed to advance the program or become Tulane.
These things run in cycles. Right now, we have a whole bunch of teams running run n' shoot/shotgun spread option schemes. That will probably continue for awhile longer. Then somebody will bring back a run heavy option scheme of some variety, be insanely successful with it (as usual), and we'll all see college football cycle back. I don't think "schedule manipulation" or "negative recruiting" (is there any other kind?) will have much to do with it; it never has. Neither, I might add, have current offensive trends in the NFL.

I suppose this will take something dramatic. If Monken or CPJ get hired by, say, Iowa or Cal, then we'll see it start again. It's just a matter of time.