1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Will Shirra

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Baseball' started by 65Jacket, May 23, 2018.

1. 65Jacket

65Jacket GT Athlete

What happened to Will? He came to GT as an early HS graduate and immediately saw action. Then he disappeared. I think he made an ill advised decision to come in too early.

2. THWG

THWG Helluva Engineer

He has great stuff, but he lacked command (like a lot of freshmen). I expect him to be a big part of the pen next year and hopefully be like Sam Clay.

GTNavyNuke likes this.
  3. RoosterJacket

RoosterJacket Helluva Engineer

I thought I had heard some arm issues. On a separate note, I think it is very difficult for a kid who should be a senior in HS to jump to D-1 when he should be playing his senior season. Even more so for a pitcher. Seth Beer did the same thing for Clemson, but it worked out okay for him.

4. twofortheroad

twofortheroad Ramblin' Wreck

I said this awhile back, he has already lost one season of eligibility and you don't get many options for a pitcher. Also heard he had some arm issues but it was an overall letdown from high school. He was highly touted by the coaching staff, a hidden gem. Not saying he is not mature, didn't have the stuff etc sometimes you need to wait. Period. That's it.

5. GTNavyNuke

GTNavyNuke Helluva Engineer Featured Member

It's Will Shirah. I've done Shiraz but not Shirra (tic).

Too bad he couldn't pitch more in relief for us this year. If he turns out to be a hidden gem, we have him 2 more years. If he isn't drafted after his Jr year, we have him for three more years.

FredJacket likes this.
  6. FredJacket

FredJacket Helluva Engineer

I shall forever refer to him as "Shir-a-spell-it-however-you-want"

GTNavyNuke likes this.