Will one of our QB's step up like JN did?

thwgjacket

How many said the same thing this time last year as we were waiting for Vad to replace TW?

Now we are preparing to run a more simple version vs 2013 ( boring? ), and still have the dismal OL coach.

Lot needs to be proved now.
Boring? Didn't we lead the country in plays over 50 yards when we were running the more simple, "boring," style of offense?

We won't bruise as much this year. The offense should look more like this.

knox

Georgia Tech Fan
Boring? Didn't we lead the country in plays over 50 yards when we were running the more simple, "boring," style of offense?

We won't bruise as much this year. The offense should look more like this.

We don't have the home run hitters for it to look exciting like that (especially if Thomas gets hurt). We're gonna have to have long extended drives to score which we won't be able to sustain against the VT, Miami, Clemson, and UGAgs of the world.

That GSU team had probably the most talent out of any team in I-AA. People don't recognize CPJ had top tier talent for that level. Georgia Tech is not in a similar situation.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
That's a good point about GSU's talent.

But it's also nice to see a 160 lb. QB running the offense. And Hill was good at it, too. I don't think JT's weight is that big of a deal.

midga fan

Georgia Tech Fan
I think when this offense is clicking it is definetly not boring. Watching that Clip of Greg hill is a thing of beauty. I think while ga southern may have had more talent, JT is quicker and faster than Greg hill I would think. The question is is he as good at running the offense and is he as tough. I think Hill could throw the ball a little too, but no better than JT most likely. I think pj would tell you Hill is one of the toughest players he has ever had. I hope JT is too. Can't wait to find out!

thwgjacket

We don't have the home run hitters for it to look exciting like that (especially if Thomas gets hurt). We're gonna have to have long extended drives to score which we won't be able to sustain against the VT, Miami, Clemson, and UGAgs of the world.

That GSU team had probably the most talent out of any team in I-AA. People don't recognize CPJ had top tier talent for that level. Georgia Tech is not in a similar situation.
Justin Thomas is the definition of home run threat. The dude can fly. Our B-Backs aren't but that doesn't mean Thomas can't be.

texasjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Hill was smart enough to see the over extension of the LBs and cut back against them. This is reflective of his understanding of not only the offense but what the defense is doing. I hope JT can grasp this concept as well. It will definitely keep him much healthier and give us these home runs.

midga fan

Georgia Tech Fan
smart enough or instinctive either way i think TexasJacket has a good point. He understood the offense and was committed to it and had the physical skills and toughness to be great in it. Obvuously he had Adrian Peterson behind him which was a huge advantage for him, but he made the correct reads etc. I think JT has more speed and is quicker than Hill was. I am not sure how many years Hill had been running the offense at the time of this game, but in the clip he looks like he had experience and JT does not have a lot of that, but hopefully he will pick it up quickly. If he doesnt i still think Byerly can do a good job, he just doesnt have the physical ability of JT, but from what i have heard and read he is committed and tough and has decent physical skills.