Will Clemson Clemson?

Will Clemson Win?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
What do you call a 4th and 12 fake punt from deep in your own end?

I like Dabo's reaction. "I'm going to yell at you like it wasn't my idea!" "You did just what I said, but I don't want to look stupid. You just sit and take it!"

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
I hate UNCheat. So glad Clemson won. If someone thinks Cryolina got screwed (I did at first). I just leave this here.
CVheOc-U8AAomNN.jpg

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
What it shows is that Mason was stopped and being held in a defenseless position when the UNC defender came in and speared Mason in the side of the helmet. There was no question watching the play live on TV that Mason was in a defenseless position and that the defender lead with the helmet, making helmet-to-helmet contact first. Mason was running at the time, so it muddies the scenario a little, but the other defender had control of Mason, and he wasn't going anywhere. It was a dangersous tackle for the defender, as much if not more than Mason.

In my opinion, this is a personal foul, Spearing. However, the way the rules are written now, this is Targeting and the defender should have been ejected. Don't agree with this, but thems the rules everyone in charge agreed to play by.

[@Stinger90 @AE 87 ] I believe his point in posting the picture was to show that Carolina got away with a Targeting offense. That tackle knocked Mason out of the game temporarily, so it could have been a very pivotable play. Fortunately for Clemson, Bryant (with the help of the running game) kept the ball until Mason was able to return. (and based on the high level of mental acuity you've demonstrated on this board, I don't believe for a moment that you didn't understand the point of him posting that picture.)

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Glad we have an ACC team in the play offs. An Alabama / Clemson game would be interesting ..... I think Alabama "should" win.

Also glad that ND isn't there either. The two good teams ND played they lost too .... but that didn't keep the ND hype machine from keeping them in the conversation till the end......

And Fluke losing 4 of their last 5 shows there is some sanity returning to CFB. Fluke getting screwed out of a win was just karma, maybe like UNC not getting the chance to tie.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
@Stinger90 @forensicbuzz

I asked a question rather than assuming. Yes, I could've responded based on the assumption, but why risk a misunderstanding? The fact that yall suspect bad motives on my part says more about you than me.

It seems clear that yall are emotional on this issue. I apologize for attempting rational conversation.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
@Stinger90 @forensicbuzz

I asked a question rather than assuming. Yes, I could've responded based on the assumption, but why risk a misunderstanding? The fact that yall suspect bad motives on my part says more about you than me.

It seems clear that yall are emotional on this issue. I apologize for attempting rational conversation.

Apology excepted. Maybe I was a little emotional after arguing with some classless Tarhole fans about the game in a rational manner this morning and assume you were being a smart***. My bad.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Apology excepted. Maybe I was a little emotional after arguing with some classless Tarhole fans about the game in a rational manner this morning and assume you were being a smart***. My bad.

No worries.

Fwiw, I think that pic is really misleading and that the play was def not targeting. Watson was a ball carrier who was not defenseless. The UNC defender starts putting his head down for putting his shoulder into Watson's legs before/same time as Watson lowers his head to get more yards while getting hit from the other side. @forensicbuzz suggesting that forward momentum had been stopped is nonsense imo.

Again fwiw, refs miss calls all the time. Calling something that didn't happen by a yard is rare.