Will Bryan - Spring Game

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I just watched the who spring game gold offense with a focus on Will Bryan. He did fantastic for only 3 weeks in our O. He sealed the edge on the rocket toss. The few triple options he did ok getting to the MLB. Pass protection/QB draw plays was really good. I did not see one play where his responsibility made the stop.

I did notice a change from Will's high school tapes. He normally would push and shove almost to a "nuisance"/meanness just past the whistle (even on the non-play side). Will did not do this during the spring game. I would assume he would not want to do that to his own teammates. He did, however, have some dominate plays that would make great highlights. I will not vine them as his highlights would be another GT players low light.

I am very excited for Will and look forward to seeing him on game day!

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I just watched the who spring game gold offense with a focus on Will Bryan. He did fantastic for only 3 weeks in our O. He sealed the edge on the rocket toss. The few triple options he did ok getting to the MLB. Pass protection/QB draw plays was really good. I did not see one play where his responsibility made the stop.

I did notice a change from Will's high school tapes. He normally would push and shove almost to a "nuisance"/meanness just past the whistle (even on the non-play side). Will did not do this during the spring game. I would assume he would not want to do that to his own teammates. He did, however, have some dominate plays that would make great highlights. I will not vine them as his highlights would be another GT players low light.

I am very excited for Will and look forward to seeing him on game day!

Klock got a start at LT on the White team and Bryan started at RT on the Gold. Do you have an opinion as to how their performance compared to each other and to the established Oliners and to the other Gold team RS Oliners? With Griffin out I am sure coach is looking for someone to play along with Joe and Fromayan at OT (assuming Chamberlain moves to G or that may be a determining factor IF Chamberlain moves to G).

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Will was LT on the Gold team . He knows he has a lot of work to do , and is busy at it . A lot to learn in a concentrated time . I was very happy w the effort .

Yeah, we've had Will in our GT family for over a year, right (from commitment)? It's sometimes easy to forget that the Spring game was only his 15th practice in pads. I know you've got to be proud of his efforts. Do you know the DeFoors?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I was very happy w the effort .

I am a parent. Used to have leadership/management positions in industry. Now teach math in high school. None of us can control the talents that we were given. All of us can control the effort we put forth in our endeavors. At the end of the day, this is the measure of a person. If your kid is doing his best, that's all any parent could hope for whether he is playing for the Packers, the Jackets, the junior varsity at Bumfoozle High School or the Rotary Club Pee Wee team.

With all that being said, I am hopeful that your son goes either 4-0 or 5-o against your alma mater during his time here on the flats. If he does, he and his classmates will automatically become my all time favorite Jackets...ahead of some extremely good ones such as Joe H., Kent and Drew Hill, CJ, Sean Jones, ELI and numerous others.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@danny daniel

Klock and Fromayan were both only beat once by the DE. They both played fairly even in actual effectiveness. I would give the edge to Klock for a little more higher energy and speed. I love the energy in his hands before the snap (play side or not meaning this is not a "tell" sign).

Shamire is a hard man to beat once he has a lock on a DL. He is missing a little speed on pulling making it hard to get to his man in '"space". Near the end of the game I think the coaches may have ran pulling type plays just for Shamire's experience.

I'll be looking at Brown next.

Last edited:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I remember thinking "Man, our gold OLs look a little small except one guy". Then it dawned on me that the one guy was Shamire Devine! Every one of our OL is going to look small next to him.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I didn't really watch these guys much, but I did notice once how quick I thought Klock looked. I can't tell you much about his blocks, but he can move.

On one wide play left Klock locked onto the DE and they both worked hard laterally to the outside. Klock eventually got enough angle to make a cut block taking the DE completely down.....a really nice block showing his strength, mobility, and technique.