• Same

Votes: 39 47.0%
  • Worse

Votes: 26 31.3%

• Total voters

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I was one who felt pessimistic about Robbie being named a starter 2 years ago before the season started. I'd say 95% of the message board folks felt that way. Many people thought it was an indictment on our recruiting (especially at AB) that a walk-on of Robbie's stature could beat all of them out. It was also said that it was primarily because he was the best blocker, so that too made everyone's expectations of him pretty low. So, I also felt that there would be a big drop in production once Orwin was gone.

Robbie Godhigh proved me and 95% of message board folk DEAD A-- WRONG. And, I love him for that. He's a friggin' inspiration.
I hear you. I have to say, when I hear all that "He is only a walk on. Having him start is an indictment to CPJ's lack of recruiting" etc etc, it just goes in one ear and out the other. You who my un-recruited, walk on teammate was at GT? Kevin Brown, that's who. NOBODY recruited him. All he did was walk on and lead us to our first ACC crown (the year after they got rid of me) before he left and go on to win a ton of games at the MLB level and have a borderline hall of fame type career. Sure, he was skinny when he first showed up, but that kid could fling the &%#@ing baseball. Every kid on our team new he was going to be good as soon as he started throwing against us in practice. I could care less if a kid is on scholarship or not. The guys out there on the field know if they can play.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I hear you. I have to say, when I hear all that "He is only a walk on. Having him start is an indictment to CPJ's lack of recruiting" etc etc, it just goes in one ear and out the other. You who my un-recruited, walk on teammate was at GT? Kevin Brown, that's who. NOBODY recruited him. All he did was walk on and lead us to our first ACC crown (the year after they got rid of me) before he left and go on to win a ton of games at the MLB level and have a borderline hall of fame type career. Sure, he was skinny when he first showed up, but that kid could fling the &%#@ing baseball. Every kid on our team new he was going to be good as soon as he started throwing against us in practice. I could care less if a kid is on scholarship or not. The guys out there on the field know if they can play.

This is a good point. I don't subscribe to pay sources, so I don't hear much scoop about what happens at practice. Over the last several years I've really heard only a handful of names of guys that are getting raves from their teammates. One of them was Robbie Godhigh and another was Justin Thomas. If players recognize players, Justin should turn-out to be a really good one.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
We have really seen nothing from the returning backs that gives us any reason to think there will be the playmaking ability of a Robbie Godhigh on the field this year. Until we see it, we can't realistically expect any of our stable of backs has innate, game-changing ability. Since I have tagged him as my break-out player of the year, I am hoping that Perkins has some kind of epiphanal experience, either handling snakes or speaking in tongues, or both, and comes out as the reincarnation of Robert Lavette.

We'll agree to disagree, all of the 4 Perkins, Hill, Days and Andrews have shown signs of being very capable. They've yet to put it together for an entire season of being the main guy but to say they've shown "nothing" isn, in my opinion, wrong.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
This is a good point. I don't subscribe to pay sources, so I don't hear much scoop about what happens at practice. Over the last several years I've really heard only a handful of names of guys that are getting raves from their teammates. One of them was Robbie Godhigh and another was Justin Thomas. If players recognize players, Justin should turn-out to be a really good one.

The Robbie you guys saw the past 2 seasons is the same guy that was embarrassing some of guys in 1on1s and 7on7 ( not me of course). Of course he had to earn his stripes but he should have been more involved in the O more in 2010 when we desperate for "playas"