Votes: 18 21.7%
  • Same

Votes: 39 47.0%
  • Worse

Votes: 26 31.3%

• Total voters

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
We need some guys to block the edge better. Snoddy gives us some much needed speed, but we need someone other than Days to help block.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
I really like Perkins and Days and hope they stay healthy. If Snoddy can garner some playing time I think we will be better. If not, I think the same.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
So much depends on Perkins and Hill being healthy and ready to go. Days is probably the best blocker at the position and I still say Dennis Andrews will be the one who takes the lead if either Perkins or Hill are less than 100%. Snoddy's the wild card . Color me cautiously optimistic at this point in time.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Ehhh.... Not sure we have that guy that can make something outta nothing like Robbie did in both the run and pass game. Right now I got to go worse, but the potential is there to be better. Going to need some guys step up ASAP

I agree but think we can do with team what we got from Robbie as the man. Bostic, Andrews, Perkins and Snoddy have all flashed greatness. Days, Hill, and Zenon have shown they can play. We'll see, but I picked same.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Ehhh.... Not sure we have that guy that can make something outta nothing like Robbie did in both the run and pass game. Right now I got to go worse, but the potential is there to be better. Going to need some guys step up ASAP

Agree with all of this.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
We will be no worse off than we have been since CPJ got here. When Roddy left we were suppose to be terrible and Orwin stepped up. When Orwin left and we were supposed to be terrible, Robbie stepped up. Someone will step up this year. You can bet your A$$ on it. It's not as bad as what some think. Have faith!

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't see how we can lose the best AB we've had and bring back a bunch of guys who haven't proven anything more than a handful of plays and be better. I think Andrews has the most promise but the rest of the guys are pretty suspect with the ball in their hands. Days is a great blocker but I'm not sure about the other guys. Maybe we will end up being better but I don't see anything that makes me believe we will be.

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
We will be no worse off than we have been since CPJ got here. When Roddy left we were suppose to be terrible and Orwin stepped up. When Orwin left and we were supposed to be terrible, Robbie stepped up. Someone will step up this year. You can bet your A$$ on it. It's not as bad as what some think. Have faith!

Orwin was "the guy" at AB while Roddy was still here. Robbie was a difference maker in 2012 while Orwin was still here. We knew Robbie was a baller before the 2013 season. This is a different situation. We don't have anyone that has proven themselves over the course of the season as a playmaker.

However, I'm very optimistic that Andrews is gonna be "the guy." Not as good as Godhigh but maybe as good or better than Orwin.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

The following guys you named were key contributors on the opposite of the previous guy. What player oppo of Robbie have you seen in the last 2 seasons that you will feel comfortable with? Deon, if healthy, maybe. Dennis possible.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't think it is very likely a single guy surpasses or even equals RG's numbers from last year. However, as a group I think we produce just as well. Better QB play will help. It will probably be spread around a little more in terms of carries and yards. I voted same.

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think it is very likely a single guy surpasses or even equals RG's numbers from last year. However, as a group I think we produce just as well. Better QB play will help. It will probably be spread around a little more in terms of carries and yards. I voted same.

Agree but I think sometimes what one individual talent can do in certain moments trumps the overall statistics of a group. I just look back at individual performances that RG had and think, could we have won certain games without Godhigh? UNC in 2012 and 2013? Pitt? Think about the big runs he had. Making a guy miss and taking it to the house. Jumping over a DB at 5'7 and catching a TD pass. He did things that no other AB could do.

On the other hand, we've done just fine without Robbie in the past and I'm sure we'll do just fine without him going forward.

thwgjacket

This is the position I am the least worried about. Going back to CPJ's days at Southern and Navy, this offense really allows for at least one A-Back to have great numbers throughout a year. It has been the same at Tech. Roddy, Orwin and Robbie were good backs for us. But none of them will ever be NFL RB's unfortunately. I would love it if they were, but a lot of the numbers they got were because of the system. Did they make great individual runs at times? Yes, of course. But a lot of it is the system.

Going back to 2004 at Navy, the lowest average yards per carry the top A-back had was 7.9 in 2007. That year they had three A-Backs average over 7 yards a carry, all had over 60 rushing attempts. We'll be fine here.

Last edited:

yellowRambler

Jolly Good Fellow
Godhigh was the only runner we had last year who could break make people miss. Godhigh was so fun to watch. He's been our best all purpose player in the CPJ era. I do have faith in Perkins, Hill, Days, and Andrews. Hoping to see us utilize Snoddy's speed this year.