Wide receiver Malachi Carter ...

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
tenor.gif

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
I think either Carter or Ezzard will be our next 1000 yard receiver...may depend on whether Ezzard gets his waiver.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I thought he played very well in limited outings last year. Like Brad, he runs good routes and cuts effectively. I don't know if he'll end up as WR1, but he'll give the others a run for their money.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Jalen Camp may be WR1. Hes got a Demaryius Thomas body-type and we will finally be able to target him more than once or twice a game. He is big and physical, will be a good matchup on a lot of corners from a pure strength perspective.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I think Jalen Camp may be WR1. Hes got a Demaryius Thomas body-type and we will finally be able to target him more than once or twice a game. He is big and physical, will be a good matchup on a lot of corners from a pure strength perspective.

I see the new offense having more than one top receivers. Like camp as the go to guy for inside must have extra yards after catch - 7 yr play. Then Carter as the outside wr . While not legit enough to require tight double coverage - the safeties will need to cheat up and this will open up other receivers or run play.

We will probably come out of spring w a new guys pressing these 2. Goingcto be a physical transition.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer

I like Camp. High character, physically imposing, hard worker and all that but he’s more like an undersized TE. He does not move very well at all and will probably be a red zone target or make his money on winning 50/50 balls. DT ran a 4.3 if I had to bet on Camps 40 I would take the over on 4.6

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
I like Camp. High character, physically imposing, hard worker and all that but he’s more like an undersized TE. He does not move very well at all and will probably be a red zone target or make his money on winning 50/50 balls. DT ran a 4.3 if I had to bet on Camps 40 I would take the over on 4.6

He's got all the physical tools, but I think there are some field awareness issues. I think his reads will be simpler this year (run this route vs read coverage to determine route) which will allow him to focus on his athletic ability and make strong cuts and catches.

Probably will help not spending 50+% of practice on blocking.

GT_receivers

Jolly Good Fellow
He's got all the physical tools, but I think there are some field awareness issues. I think his reads will be simpler this year (run this route vs read coverage to determine route) which will allow him to focus on his athletic ability and make strong cuts and catches.

Probably will help not spending 50+% of practice on blocking.
I think he could make the transition to TE.