Why not have a Dawgnight Equivalent ??

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
LOL.. Could the name be a lil sexier ..
Big Ben's a Bizzatch is what you saying ???

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
LOL.. Could the name be a lil sexier ..
Big Ben's a Bizzatch is what you saying ???

The 30 for Thursday was the new title this year...and if it's broke dont fix it :)

Just saying he is good at the HS level due to size...that is what everyone is fixed on.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
That QB Jacob Eason is the real deal though. Dude was dropping dimes into small windows, and has uncanny route anticipation. Gonna suck facing him.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It's gonna suck for them facing us !!!!
I'm being all serious especially if this class stays together ...

I think if GT can keep getting dual threat QBs the caliber of JT, MJ, and Ratliffe, and borderline elite skill level guys with high ceilings like Philpott, Howell, Jarrett, along with big bodies that are actually worth a dang on the OL and DL...GT can be a top 25 program every year.

Really love what Roof is doing on defense with the versatile defenders we're getting.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
I think if GT can keep getting dual threat QBs the caliber of JT, MJ, and Ratliffe, and borderline elite skill level guys with high ceilings like Philpott, Howell, Jarrett, along with big bodies that are actually worth a dang on the OL and DL...GT can be a top 25 program every year.

Really love what Roof is doing on defense with the versatile defenders we're getting.
Agree. I see lots of reasons to be optimistic.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

To me these are the two reasons why past results may not be indicative of future success - recruiting and defensive changes.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Ya if you have your choice of schools to go to. uga would probably be towards the bottom of my list, especially if you are from west coast. There is a reason why its so easy to recruit at USC. Great weather, beautiful campus, and gorgeous girls. Not a hard sell at all.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I think it will be very interesting to see if Eason sticks with his commitment and signs with georgia come NSD 2016

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
We do...That is what the "GT 30 for Thursday" is.

Btw that kid Ben Cleveland is going to be a massive bust. I will put $$$ on that...Will Bryan's team goes against him on 8/29.

My travel baseball team that I coach played his 3 years ago. At 14, the kid was already about 6'6" and close to 300 pounds. His coach told me "Yeah, Mark Richt offered him in the 8th grade when he came to UGA for a visit." (By the way, he sucked at baseball. We struck him out 3 times in 3 AB's that day)

Having seen the kid, I kind of kept an eye on him over the past few years. I heard (don't know how reliable it was) that he was suspended at least a few games for ster.....*cough* errr...um, illegal substance usage.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
Not to directly bite Jawja but it would work from a marketing and branding purposes.
GT needs to do a better job in both & I know there are camps ect. I loved the helicopter usage this year too but the message has to get out.

BTW this kid that committed to Jawja is just Massive no way a 15 year old should be that big & he's not fat.
http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/07/19/pair-of-5-stars-commit-to-uga/
My travel baseball team that I coach played his 3 years ago. At 14, the kid was already about 6'6" and close to 300 pounds. His coach told me "Yeah, Mark Richt offered him in the 8th grade when he came to UGA for a visit." (By the way, he sucked at baseball. We struck him out 3 times in 3 AB's that day)

Having seen the kid, I kind of kept an eye on him over the past few years. I heard (don't know how reliable it was) that he was suspended at least a few games for ster.....*cough* errr...um, illegal substance usage.

Ben is my "little" cousin. He does not turn 16 until the end of August. I talk to him daily, he's a good kid and a hard worker. I knew he looked UGA but I honestly thought he was leaning toward Clemson and Auburn, I'm not happy that he is gonna be a dog but I do wish him the best of luck. As for the baseball this past season as a sophomore he hit .516 with 12 home runs and 40 RBI's. He really blossomed this past season on the diamond.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow

No suspension either sir, it's all natural. You should see his dad.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Ben is my "little" cousin. He does not turn 16 until the end of August. I talk to him daily, he's a good kid and a hard worker. I knew he looked UGA but I honestly thought he was leaning toward Clemson and Auburn, I'm not happy that he is gonna be a dog but I do wish him the best of luck. As for the baseball this past season as a sophomore he hit .516 with 12 home runs and 40 RBI's. He really blossomed this past season on the diamond.

I did see his dad...he was at the game when we played him. Like I said, one of the kids on the team told me that about him, that's why I said I wasn't too sure how reliable it was.