Why Have Refs?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I thought it was Jalen Johnson but you may be right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it was Jalen, which I guess makes sense. He was kicking the crap out of Miami all game, so since they couldn’t beat him during live play they had to take out their frustration WAY out of bounds. Bunch of fake-tough jabronis over there. I just wish he had another year to show them what’s up.

Deleted member 2897

I don't think they have it in for us. Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Yea I don’t think it’s personal. I think Refs are just humans, and some just aren’t good at their job like in any field. Plus, there never seems to be any accountability.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Right, and lack of malice doesn't suggest that there isn't bias. We all see what we want to see, and I do believe in the Michael Jordan effect (where stars are 'supposed' to be really good, so when a ref sees something that could have been a foul...say palming the ball...by the star they assume that it wasn't because MJ is just that good.) Also, the rest of Hanlon's Razor is that you can't rule out malice, you just shouldn't start with that assumption as a default attribution.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
U of H All American and projected #3 NFL draft pick Chop blocked by Navy. Injured and sitting during Tulane and U of H game.
20181115_193954.jpg

Need the center / g double teams on NT to be crisp and above the waist. Hansen seems to have raised his his drive blocking. Uga NT is a beast- refs will be watching.