Why Georgia Tech Football Will Rebound in 2016

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We are back, and will start proving it in 6 days. Will we win the ACC? I dunno. Maybe. Will we be in competition to win the coastal though. Bet on it.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
We are back, and will start proving it in 6 days. Will we win the ACC? I dunno. Maybe. Will we be in competition to win the coastal though. Bet on it.

Hmm. I think almost every team in the coastal will be in competition to win it so i agree we are one of the 5 or so with a chance....acc i dont think really there is much chance there though imo. Too much still needed....but i guess for one game u never know

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Hmm. I think almost every team in the coastal will be in competition to win it so i agree we are one of the 5 or so with a chance....acc i dont think really there is much chance there though imo. Too much still needed....but i guess for one game u never know
I think there is only 3 teams that will compete for the costal GT, Tar Heels, and Miami.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think there is only 3 teams that will compete for the costal GT, Tar Heels, and Miami.

I think vt is easily as capable as gt. And we were worse last year. If u take gt glasses off....looking at a 3-9 team; the fact i am mentioning us in the hunt says alot.

So miami, gt, vt, unc, pitt, and duke imo are all capable. Although now with the duke qb down it may be just 5 teams. Pitt could surprise. Probably not. So maybe 4 teams.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
VT could be dangerous. They've had the defense for a loonng time, and were below par on offense. If Fuente brings major productivity to the offense to go along with Foster's usual defensive prowess, that's a recipe for success.
Thinking the same thing. Their offense has been stagnant for years.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
History says GT and vpi....both have been the perennial powers in the coastal. Will take more than one bad year to change that. Miami has been killed by inconsistency....will be interesting to see if Richt can change that. I think those three are most likely but another could surprise.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think vt is easily as capable as gt. And we were worse last year. If u take gt glasses off....looking at a 3-9 team; the fact i am mentioning us in the hunt says alot.

So miami, gt, vt, unc, pitt, and duke imo are all capable. Although now with the duke qb down it may be just 5 teams. Pitt could surprise. Probably not. So maybe 4 teams.

I agree about VT I just think they will be a year out on offense with a new coach.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

I can honestly say I don't have GT glasses on I'm not even saying we are the top over Miami or the Heels. However I believe we can get back on track on offense which gives us a chance. VT has a new coach and that's my main reason for not having them in the top 3.

GTsuperfan

Jolly Good Fellow
Everyone uses the 3-9 as a starting base line, but let's be serious, last years team was really a 6-6 team that never had a chance with injuries. Most teams in america would struggle to hit 4 wins with the schedule from last year plus devastating injuries all around. The real question this year like most years over the last 20 are how many can we win beyond 6 games. A lucky bounce, proven QB, A LOT of offensive weapons suggest 8-9 with a chance at a really special season if the defense can bend and actually not break every drive.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I can honestly say I don't have GT glasses on I'm not even saying we are the top over Miami or the Heels. However I believe we can get back on track on offense which gives us a chance. VT has a new coach and that's my main reason for not having them in the top 3.

no I gotcha....I am just saying that with GT, you can easily point to as many or more hurdles as VT...thats all. I mean look at reality

We lose our best DL
We lose basically our whole secondary
We return a LB core that really wasn't that good last year
We have no one at WR that has showed up as a staple or go to (paul said himself this week we don't have one yet)
Our OL is thin...only 13 scholly players with true freshman fighting for backup time
the whole team after the first 22 isn't deep with experience...RS Fr and Sophs primarily.
and we are coming off a 3-9 year

There is nothing about the above....that is false or not fact. There are no opinions there really, I guess you can debate the LB core one, but they didn't grade well last year.

So my point, is we have a huge amount of hurdles; to say we are any better than VT or Duke...to me...is hard. At best to me we are on par to start the year on paper. BUT That is why kids grow, fall camp has alot to offer, and a team can find a groove.

Sure...I think we can compete in the coastal...I really do...

FYI I want to go on record now...and say UNC is not going to be UNC last year...this is a 7 to 8 win team. IMO....we will see...

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
no I gotcha....I am just saying that with GT, you can easily point to as many or more hurdles as VT...thats all. I mean look at reality

We lose our best DL
We lose basically our whole secondary
We return a LB core that really wasn't that good last year
We have no one at WR that has showed up as a staple or go to (paul said himself this week we don't have one yet)
Our OL is thin...only 13 scholly players with true freshman fighting for backup time
the whole team after the first 22 isn't deep with experience...RS Fr and Sophs primarily.
and we are coming off a 3-9 year

There is nothing about the above....that is false or not fact. There are no opinions there really, I guess you can debate the LB core one, but they didn't grade well last year.

So my point, is we have a huge amount of hurdles; to say we are any better than VT or Duke...to me...is hard. At best to me we are on par to start the year on paper. BUT That is why kids grow, fall camp has alot to offer, and a team can find a groove.

Sure...I think we can compete in the coastal...I really do...

FYI I want to go on record now...and say UNC is not going to be UNC last year...this is a 7 to 8 win team. IMO....we will see...
I have no argument with this, the only reason I think the Heels will compete is because of their offense, if it's not clicking then I agree they may be a seven win team.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Everyone uses the 3-9 as a starting base line, but let's be serious, last years team was really a 6-6 team that never had a chance with injuries. Most teams in america would struggle to hit 4 wins with the schedule from last year plus devastating injuries all around. The real question this year like most years over the last 20 are how many can we win beyond 6 games. A lucky bounce, proven QB, A LOT of offensive weapons suggest 8-9 with a chance at a really special season if the defense can bend and actually not break every drive.

I agree, but I think we were better than 6-6 without injuries, including JT and FB who played thru it.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I agree, but I think we were better than 6-6 without injuries, including JT and FB who played thru it.

Such a tough schedule. Reality is nd beat us without injuries.

Clemson would have. Unc did too without many injuries iirc we just folded. 6-6 may have been right....7-5 may be at best.

6-6 is not far off though. Last year was not a 8-9 win team imo

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Such a tough schedule. Reality is nd beat us without injuries.

Clemson would have. Unc did too without many injuries iirc we just folded. 6-6 may have been right....7-5 may be at best.

6-6 is not far off though. Last year was not a 8-9 win team imo
Just one nitpick ... I think many would say some of our key injuries were before the season even started - top 2 BBacks from Spring, starting AB from spring and then another starting AB early in the ND game.