Why don't we run Triple Option anymore?

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I know I can't be the only ones who's noticed this. It seems like Tech only has 6-7 plays now.
Midline
Dive
Counter
Toss
Fake Dive counter
QB Draw
Fake Counter Deep pass.
I don't get it at all. The ABacks never get the ball anymore.

Every drive I feel like we do the same thing :
1st and 10 - Dive
2nd and 6 - Fake Dive Counter
3rd and 4 - QB Draw or Midline
Rince and Repeat. I hope against UGA we go back to more Triple and Paul trust someone other than Quon to make a play. We should have 7-8 guys carry the ball against UGA.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I know I can't be the only ones who's noticed this. It seems like Tech only has 6-7 plays now.
Midline
Dive
Counter
Toss
Fake Dive counter
QB Draw
Fake Counter Deep pass.

1st and 10 - Dive
Rince and Repeat. I hope against UGA we go back to more Triple and Paul trust someone other than Quon to make a play. We should have 7-8 guys carry the ball against UGA.
Call in and ask CPJ tonight!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Also one more thing :
Please run more Jerry Howard. Its week 12 there are no more Freshman, his shirt has been burned don't hold him back.
Yea l, I'm confused by this, CPJ said he knows he needs to get him the ball more but it hasn't happened. I feel like CPJ has been saying that for half of the seasons

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
My guess is that CPJ knows the strength of our O is the G-C-G and we want the D to commit #s to stopping it. If we can't run our BB in power then we won't have the #s on the outside to run the triple. If the D commits the MLB to the alley and runs him with motion we can't get him cutoff. This means we should have a #s advantage on the inside and can run the BB to force the MLB to stay home. If the MLB stays home the triple can be a X play.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Midline
Dive
Counter
Toss
Fake Dive counter
QB Draw
Fake Counter Deep pass.

1st and 10 - Dive
It was run a few times against Duke not many though <5x ?

I like the play where Taquon takes the snap, turns around to fake the handoff but there's no one there. I'm guessing the D isn't fooled by this fake-to-a-ghost.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
If you watch our tackles try to block an inside linebacker, you’ll know really quickly why we don’t run it often.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Yea l, I'm confused by this, CPJ said he knows he needs to get him the ball more but it hasn't happened. I feel like CPJ has been saying that for half of the seasons
He got hurt against Duke. I'm sure we have run some 3O plays, but Quon keeps it instead of pitching almost always.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Great question. I don’t know, but it’s perplexed me all year. Taquon doesn’t look very comfortable pitching the ball (see OT against TN). Perhaps CPJ knows that and doesn’t call the play.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
We might against UGA on Saturday, especially if they line up the way they did last year. Go watch our first drive: 5 straight triple options with Lynch taking a 44-yard pitch to the house.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Midline
Dive
Counter
Toss
Fake Dive counter
QB Draw
Fake Counter Deep pass.

1st and 10 - Dive

I'm sorry, but anybody who thinks we run midline more than veer (bread and butter triple) doesn't understand our O. Fact.