Why do we stay with Russell Athletic?

GTFLETCH

Banned
Again, you aren't taking into consideration WHEN those deals for Clemson, Purdue, UGA, etc were made. We are in a bigger market than all of those programs and the RECENT deals are the ones that have been so huge. We may not get 5-7, but I would bet that it will be close...

So much for the bigger market theroy....

Show 'em the money
Top collegiate apparel deals by total value

1. UCLA (Under Armour) 15 years, $280 million, $18.67 million/year

2. Ohio State (Nike) 15 years, $252 million, $16.8 million/year

3. Texas (Nike) 15 years, $250 million, $16.67 million/year

4. Louisville (Adidas) 10 years, $160 million, $16 million/year

5. Nebraska (Adidas) 11 years, $128 million, $11.6 million/year

6. Michigan (Jumpman/Nike) 11 years, $127.12 million, $11.56 million/year

7. Washington (Adidas) 10 years, $119 million, $11.9 million/year

8. Wisconsin (Under Armour) 10 years, $96 million, $9.6 million/year

9. Notre Dame (Under Armour) 10 years, $90 million, $9 million/year

10. Miami (Adidas) 12 years, $93.6 million, $7.8 million/year

11. Oregon (Nike) 11 years, $88 million, $8 million/year

Link
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I think we should try and get a deal like NC State at the next "look in 2021"...

NC State & Adidas: 6 years, $38.7 million , $6.4 Million/Year (w/minimum royalty guarantee of $1.7M/year)
USF & Adidas: 8 years, $23.6 million, $2.95 Million/Year (150,000 in cash and $2.8 million in equipment)

GT & Adidas: 6 years, $18.6M, $3.11M/Year (200,000 in cash and $2.9 million in equipment)

How NC State is worth $20M more than Georgia Tech is beyond me.... It appears that Georgia Tech is what everyone but us die-hard fans want to believe.... We are more like a G5 program than a P5 program and this new Adidas contract proves it...

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I haven't been to the football board, but I got the "Major Announcement" hype in my email this week. Have to say that thinking a mild font change and a slight change in pantone color is a MAJOR announcement is comical.

Not sure what everyone else thinks, but I'm underwhelmed by the "new" logo and "new" gold. Incredibly derivative and incremental to my old eyes. Will be interested to see what the younger set thinks, as they are the big market for logo apparel

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I haven't been to the football board, but I got the "Major Announcement" hype in my email this week. Have to say that thinking a mild font change and a slight change in pantone color is a MAJOR announcement is comical.

Not sure what everyone else thinks, but I'm underwhelmed by the "new" logo and "new" gold. Incredibly derivative and incremental to my old eyes. Will be interested to see what the younger set thinks, as they are the big market for logo apparel
the MAJOR announcement was a complete overhaul of branding guidelines. If you don't want to go through all the detail changes cause it doesn't pertain to you (aka you're not in the media) then the headliners are the new wordmark and the new gold color.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Ok, so if it was a big announcement for the media (I can’t imagine they get very worked up over it since they get logos electronically from the schools), why send an email out to non media?

I wish they would focus more attention on hiring damn assistants

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I think the major part of the announcement is that we have an AD and staff who are going to be focused on consistency, at all levels, including the brand image. It may seem small to some, but the importance we are showing on fundamentals is a part of being a well oiled machine. A standard color, logo set, font type will all help recruits and fans more immediately recognize our brand. It matters.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
How can you not see the value of the consistent branding?

I can't even name a single successful men's basketball or football program in America that had as many different brands as we used to. This stuff matters and, over time, represents the tradition and prestige of a program. If you want Georgia Tech Gold to be as successful as Tar Heel Blue has been over the years, it starts here.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
So much for the bigger market theroy....

Show 'em the money
Top collegiate apparel deals by total value

1. UCLA (Under Armour) 15 years, $280 million, $18.67 million/year

2. Ohio State (Nike) 15 years, $252 million, $16.8 million/year

3. Texas (Nike) 15 years, $250 million, $16.67 million/year

4. Louisville (Adidas) 10 years, $160 million, $16 million/year

5. Nebraska (Adidas) 11 years, $128 million, $11.6 million/year

6. Michigan (Jumpman/Nike) 11 years, $127.12 million, $11.56 million/year

7. Washington (Adidas) 10 years, $119 million, $11.9 million/year

8. Wisconsin (Under Armour) 10 years, $96 million, $9.6 million/year

9. Notre Dame (Under Armour) 10 years, $90 million, $9 million/year

10. Miami (Adidas) 12 years, $93.6 million, $7.8 million/year

11. Oregon (Nike) 11 years, $88 million, $8 million/year

Link
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I think we should try and get a deal like NC State at the next "look in 2021"...

NC State & Adidas: 6 years, $38.7 million , $6.4 Million/Year (w/minimum royalty guarantee of $1.7M/year)
USF & Adidas: 8 years, $23.6 million, $2.95 Million/Year (150,000 in cash and $2.8 million in equipment)

GT & Adidas: 6 years, $18.6M, $3.11M/Year (200,000 in cash and $2.9 million in equipment)

How NC State is worth $20M more than Georgia Tech is beyond me.... It appears that Georgia Tech is what everyone but us die-hard fans want to believe.... We are more like a G5 program than a P5 program and this new Adidas contract proves it...

That is stunning.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Ok, so if it was a big announcement for the media (I can’t imagine they get very worked up over it since they get logos electronically from the schools), why send an email out to non media?

I wish they would focus more attention on hiring damn assistants
Come on, man, just the idea of setting an official "Tech Gold" for all our teams has been a pretty big topic of discussion among GT fans since the Adidas announcement. The added bonus of streamlining our logo branding is just the kicker, but is also pretty nice to see from the fan end as well. Your beef seems to be that it was over hyped, but again, isn't that better than the opposite? I'd rather have our marketing team be enthusiastic about pushing info to us fans...this seems like a really silly thing to be complaining about.

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
Just received this email:
upload_2018-7-11_10-47-55.png