Why do we stay with Russell Athletic?

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I like their apparel designs but their shoes.............good lord with only a couple of exceptions they are dull.
100% agree. There shoes are uncomfortable to me and the design is awful. Some of the Currys they've been showing during the NBA Finals weren't bad but they rarely release those.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
UA to me is Russell with more money. Never been a fan.

'UA with more money' is the best description I've heard. They're like RA if RA won the lottery but blew it all on trampolines and laser tag.

I'm still Nike .. adidas ...............UA .. BBB

And @GTFLETCH the recruits may know a change is coming but they likely don't know anything more specific than that. JMHO Can't count on an army of teens to keep something like that under wraps.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I always have been a big Nike guy. But Sed got me curious on the Adidas boost and thank god I'm a follower sometimes. Lol. Best shoes ever. I'm hooked. Nike shoes still look the best to me but, Adidas is starting to do a better job with that. UA on the other hand, just isn't appealing to me as far as there shoes unless I'm playing basketball. Just not a great everyday look but, I do like some of the apparel they make.
I'm 50/50 on Nike or Adidas. UA a distant third. Luckily for everyone I'm sure no one in the Athletic Dept gives a **** what I think because they know I'll buy whatever they put out.....

ASURAMS07

Jolly Good Fellow
I think when it is all said and done it's going to be Adidas because they will bring the best all-around package.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I always have been a big Nike guy. But Sed got me curious on the Adidas boost and thank god I'm a follower sometimes. Lol. Best shoes ever. I'm hooked. Nike shoes still look the best to me but, Adidas is starting to do a better job with that. UA on the other hand, just isn't appealing to me as far as there shoes unless I'm playing basketball. Just not a great everyday look but, I do like some of the apparel they make.
I'm 50/50 on Nike or Adidas. UA a distant third. Luckily for everyone I'm sure no one in the Athletic Dept gives a **** what I think because they know I'll buy whatever they put out.....
I will say I can only wear New Balance shoes because all the other brands refuse to acknowledge that some people have big arches.

20081101__WyoFoot110108~p1.jpg

What you think???

GTFLETCH

Banned
I just haven't heard anyone at GTAA say Nike is interested, Yes the new AD called them and yes I am sure we will get the offer Washington State got from Nike which would be less than what we take in from our RA contract.. However we need money for facilities and we need money for our ACC network upgrades... so again it will be between UA and ADIDAS.. It will come down to the company with the most $$ or Marketing $$$.

Currently the SA have been told most likely UA, hey but maybe ADIDAS comes back with a better offer!!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I will say I can only wear New Balance shoes because all the other brands refuse to acknowledge that some people have big arches.

20081101__WyoFoot110108~p1.jpg

What you think???

Great...you just jinxed this for us. Now NB will be our new sponsors...

On a separate note, I can not wear shoes without an extra insole. So I feel ya....

GTFLETCH

Banned
My close source says Nike is the Favorite.
Boy I hope you are right!! If the AD could bring in Nike at the same rate as the Oregon State/Washington State deals, or heck at the same rate that RA was paying Tech but for three years, that would allow us to re-up sooner.... WOW!!! But from what SA are stating about UA and even the nuggets pulled from 3 AJC articles, it would appear that this is really UA's deal to lose....

Nuggets from the AJC:
AD Todd Stansbury said he is in the early stages of gauging interest from Adidas, Nike and Under Armour and hopes to have a decision on the athletic department’s next apparel deal in the next few months.

“So that, one, recruits can know what’s going on, coaches can know what’s going on and we can start to make plans for whatever transition we need to make,” Stansbury said.

Stansbury is well aware of the marketing and design might that Nike would bring to a partnership. He has a relationship with the company from his time at Oregon State, a Nike school. He was executive associate AD when Nike went through a re-design process, including logos and colors, that debuted in 2013 after his departure to UCF. Nike was also the outfitter for UCF during Stansbury’s tenure as AD at the school 2012-15.

Upstart Under Armour made a splash last year signing UCLA to a record $280 million deal over 15 years. The company also has Notre Dame, Auburn and South Carolina under contract, along with its flagship, Maryland. Stansbury was teammates at Tech with Sammy Huntley, a vice president at Under Armour.

“I think it’s always helpful to have somebody that is in a leadership role, even if (Huntley) may not be directly engaged,” Stansbury said.

Tech also played a critical role in the story of Under Armour’s rise. Tech reportedly gave company founder and CEO Kevin Plank his first big sale in 1996, a deal that kept him from going broke. Under Armour is seen as being strategic in choosing its partners, and it’s conceivable that the company’s technical orientation could match well with Tech.

The brand has two ACC partners, Notre Dame and Boston College.

In recent years, Adidas has lost some big fish such as Nike, Notre Dame and Wisconsin, but its reduced standing could help Tech from a recruiting perspective, at least in basketball. Adidas remains strong in AAU basketball circles, and, to the extent that shoe companies and AAU teams exert influence on prospects to sign with colleges with the same apparel deal, having fewer Adidas colleagues could benefit coach Josh Pastner. The company also began supplying cleats to the Tech baseball team this past season.

Adidas’ ACC clientele – Louisville, Miami, N.C. State.

Interesting to note: the Tech athletics online store has 13 items from Under Armour, 12 from Nike and one from Adidas.

Stansbury undoubtedly will be interested in each brand beyond what it offers on the bottom line. He has placed a high priority on ensuring that Tech develops an identifiable brand , and its apparel partner can go a long way to that end. An apparel provider that is equally committed to elevating Tech’s brand is of primary importance, he said.

“I think when we do make a transition, there’s going to be a lot of excitement from our alumni and our base,” Stansbury said, “and obviously, we’ll have an opportunity to really do some things in Atlanta that we may not have been able to do before, and so I think that having somebody that sees that and wants to take advantage of that is going to be really important.”

Link
http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/tech-w...yqNvXn1IL/

Link
http://www.myajc.com/sports/college/tech...2eQlPNIHJ/

Link
http://www.myajc.com/sports/college/weig...3KAqtHyyN/

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
ard. They're like RA if RA won the lottery but blew it all on trampolines and laser tag.
My close source says Nike is the Favorite.

I can't go into too much detail but after hearing UA was almost a done deal, there is now serious discussion about Nike due to ability to outfit all sports + accessories and the stability of the company long-term.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I can't go into too much detail but after hearing UA was almost a done deal, there is now serious discussion about Nike due to ability to outfit all sports + accessories and the stability of the company long-term.

I don't doubt any of you guys or your sources. But it seems everyone and their sources are saying different things and that to me says that everyone is still in play. Hopefully its a bidding war.