Why do we stay with Russell Athletic?

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
Just going off of what I could find about their apparel sales and their average attendance for football games. Couldn't find really up to date info but from what I found our sales weren't too far behind theirs. I understand we aren't a huge school, but in Atlanta and pairing that with a good football program and an improving basketball program (both with good history) I think we could reasonably expect a deal close to theirs.

The numbers I am hearing so far are good. I think it's better to keep them under wraps for now but I believe we will be happy with what the final terms are. (Don't forget about the "incubator" aspect as well).

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
I can't find BC's numbers. I wonder what they're getting from UA every year?

Because BC is private, they don't have to disclose and they chose not to disclose. And seeing that UA signed a 10 year 96 mil deal with Wisconsin in 2015 and a 10 year 90ish mil with Notre Dame, I'd say it's significantly less than that.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Because BC is private, they don't have to disclose and they chose not to disclose. And seeing that UA signed a 10 year 96 mil deal with Wisconsin in 2015 and a 10 year 90ish mil with Notre Dame, I'd say it's significantly less than that.
Yeah I figured they were getting 2-3 a year. Hope it works out well for us. I'm just excited to see us have something other than RA.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere in the 25 pages of this topic but will it be easier to buy GT apparel with UA or whoever we sign with? Like Eastbay or sites like that? The bookstore site and ramblin wreck store selections honestly suck. Or is that more of a GT specific issue?

Milwaukee

Banned
I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere in the 25 pages of this topic but will it be easier to buy GT apparel with UA or whoever we sign with? Like Eastbay or sites like that? The bookstore site and ramblin wreck store selections honestly suck. Or is that more of a GT specific issue?

Definitely.

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
Definitely.

Yeah UA would have rights to sell GT products on their sites + their partner sites (****'s sporting goods for example). So it'd be available elsewhere. Problem is GT has very strict licensing rules right now which is why you barely see the stuff being sold in stores.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Yeah UA would have rights to sell GT products on their sites + their partner sites (****'s sporting goods for example). So it'd be available elsewhere. Problem is GT has very strict licensing rules right now which is why you barely see the stuff being sold in stores.
Man, the school just seems to always get in its own way as far as branding itself...

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
They have two UA schools in the ACC. Boston College is as well.
I meant one full acc member BC and partial in ND. They'd love to get a 2nd full time member in GT. I just wish deal would be announced this summer to help in recruiting even if it doesn't start until 2018.

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
I meant one full acc member BC and partial in ND. They'd love to get a 2nd full time member in GT. I just wish deal would be announced this summer to help in recruiting even if it doesn't start until 2018.

I would love that too. And I think Todd gets it so let's see how quickly it can be announced.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Next question is would UA come with a traditional uni or would they switch it up? Last seasons were the best we've had under CPJ. I like the simple, traditional look but would love to see some special unis thrown in here and there too.

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
imo UA does a really good job of sticking with what the school wants. Auburn wanted a clean look and they gave them one. Maryland and Hawaii want more out there looks and they gave it to them. I would expect a fairly clean and basic design.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Man, the school just seems to always get in its own way as far as branding itself...
Actually this is not a school getting in the way.

This was one of the better moves MBOB made and Todd is continuing and was made in anticipation of the new apparel deal. Whomever we sign with will be integral in a rebranding for the school and the athletic association and for that to be effective we have to clamp down on all the other branding things happening.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Actually this is not a school getting in the way.

This was one of the better moves MBOB made and Todd is continuing and was made in anticipation of the new apparel deal. Whomever we sign with will be integral in a rebranding for the school and the athletic association and for that to be effective we have to clamp down on all the other branding things happening.
Agree 100 percent....

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
You know I bet in the mid to late 60s people preferred converse to Blue ribbon as well.....

Be ahead of the curve.....but

My reason for cooling on UA lately is because of the world we live it. I like their lines, like their fit and like their designs but in today's America transparency is a big deal and if the public doesn't like what you're doing they will destroy you.

We don't need that. Nike is obviously a more stable company. Adidas, I don't really know honestly