Why blitz??

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
Why do we even attempt to blitz??

We get no where near the QB, no pressure and leaves the DB's one on one.
Pitch and catch.

D is terrible.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
#20 Austin is terrible. Every third down they throw it to the guy hes guarding. The defense is awful. At least the offense is pretty good. And the over was the easiest money ever so thats a positive.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
This D is just bad and I don't believe for one second their talent level is this bad. At times I think roof plays "favorites" or uper classmen even if a true freshman is better. I'm so tired of watching this junk, it's honestly not even fun.

For those who say it's not scheme or coaching please explain to me what it is, and be detailed with examples. Don't just say because he's good and talk about how he's been a coach for a long time, that doesn't show how a coach is good.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Why do we even attempt to blitz??

We get no where near the QB, no pressure and leaves the DB's one on one.
Pitch and catch.

D is terrible.
It's so obvious when we blitz, almost every 3rd down, and it seems we very seldomly have stunts or anything like that. They line up in a gap and that's the gap they go through.

prifle2

Jolly Good Fellow
Our defense is like a soft warm bed covered with a down comforter. .. opposing offenses just snuggle up and get comfortable playing us..we don't intimidate anyone

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Teds gotta go, no way we should be this bad. He makes our players worse, coaches them down lol

This D is just bad and I don't believe for one second their talent level is this bad. At times I think roof plays "favorites" or uper classmen even if a true freshman is better. I'm so tired of watching this junk, it's honestly not even fun.

For those who say it's not scheme or coaching please explain to me what it is, and be detailed with examples. Don't just say because he's good and talk about how he's been a coach for a long time, that doesn't show how a coach is good.
First when their OL is better than our DL. Second, their RB'S are better than our LB's. Third, their WR'S are better than our DB's. This has been the case most of the year. Scheme however you want, but when have less talent than the other guy you most times lose. People can blame Roof for soft coverages and not blitzing or stunting enough, but it's hard to be aggressive when players don't have the ability. Give him 8 years to get his players. Then we can talk.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
First when their OL is better than our DL. Second, their RB'S are better than our LB's. Third, their WR'S are better than our DB's. This has been the case most of the year. Scheme however you want, but when have less talent than the other guy you most times lose. People can blame Roof for soft coverages and not blitzing or stunting enough, but it's hard to be aggressive when players don't have the ability. Give him 8 years to get his players. Then we can talk.
How can you say this, when you have no clue if they would play better in a different scheme. You have to play to your players strengths and our scheme does not do this. I'm sorry but when you don't have big strong D line why in the world are you playing straight up with their O line instead of a gap style D? That makes no sense, it's not rocket science.

gt365

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't understand why both LB blitzing in the same gap! Maybe Roof need to change some players. Every week you hear the same thing about miss assignment and not lining up right etc...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Defense is about attitude, being physical and intimidation. We do not have enough guys on our team that bring that to the table. We are forced to try and play it safe because we do not have any play makers that can force the opponent out of their comfort zone. After 9 games we have run out of ways to try and hide our weaknesses. A well coached team will score on us a majority of their possessions. Our best hope is to outscore teams in a shoot out type of game. That is just who we are.

Go Jackets!

Jmonty71

Banned
Roof doesnt know how to conduct a blitz. Our LBs just run into the backs of our own D linemen. I agree, why bother?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Defense is about attitude, being physical and intimidation. We do not have enough guys on our team that bring that to the table. We are forced to try and play it safe because we do not have any play makers that can force the opponent out of their comfort zone. After 9 games we have run out of ways to try and hide our weaknesses. A well coached team will score on us a majority of their possessions. Our best hope is to outscore teams in a shoot out type of game. That is just who we are.

Go Jackets!
Seriously? I'm sorry but it's not that we don't have talent. It's because we have a bad scheme for the players we have and its play calling /coaching. If you're not playing to your players strength as a coach then you're not doing your job.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I don't understand why both LB blitzing in the same gap! Maybe Roof need to change some players. Every week you hear the same thing about miss assignment and not lining up right etc...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
He was trying to see if one man could block both players. And the answer was yes/