Who's Moving from DL to OL?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Roof's been reading about Samuel Goldwyn. Someone asked him for a commitment on a project once. Goldlwyn's reply: "All I can give you is a definite maybe."

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I like the idea of Kallon to OT. He is pretty nimble and should be pretty good out in space. Who knows, he just might work out.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
I like the idea of Kallon to OT. He is pretty nimble and should be pretty good out in space. Who knows, he just might work out.

Doesn't matter how quick or nimble you are...there's no substitution for toughness. It's been reported since he arrived that he plays soft.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
wow with our DL numbers/depth issue this is a bit surprising

typically this move is due to either lack of toughness, or feet that are too slow for the position, ie his quick twitch off the ball is not where it needs to be at this level, stands high and just hasn't made an impact in 3 years.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
He was a project. We should have all known that. ONE year of football. The factory offers came in and it was a great story, so of course star ratings followed. I hope Kallon can catch on somewhere and make an impact, but let's face it: we lucked up on one project (Gotsis) and I'm thrilled about it. This project is still unclear.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I heard a CPJ interview where he was asked about Kallon moving to the OL. The answer was I don't know if it would do any good.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Kallon was unlucky in that he got caught in the 34/43 transition between Groh and Roof. He put on a LOT of weight to play a 34 DE and now it seems he's stuck because he's not quick enough at the current size to play DE, nor is he really versed/experienced enough to play DT with all its nuances.

If you look at his HS tape, we took Kallon away from what he does best: React to the play and chase the guy with the ball down. He was relentless with quickness that's hard to find for his size. He had a great first step and was explosive off the snap. I think he would have made a great situational DE on passing downs as he learned the mental side of the position. Now we're just crossing our fingers and hoping it works out for everyone.

yellowRambler

Jolly Good Fellow
Kallon was unlucky in that he got caught in the 34/43 transition between Groh and Roof. He put on a LOT of weight to play a 34 DE and now it seems he's stuck because he's not quick enough at the current size to play DE, nor is he really versed/experienced enough to play DT with all its nuances.

If you look at his HS tape, we took Kallon away from what he does best: React to the play and chase the guy with the ball down. He was relentless with quickness that's hard to find for his size. He had a great first step and was explosive off the snap. I think he would have made a great situational DE on passing downs as he learned the mental side of the position. Now we're just crossing our fingers and hoping it works out for everyone.
yeah, he's not meant to play DT and for whatever reason he can't play DE either.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think the quote was about shifting players to field a team for scrimmage not permanently.
I think you're right, but I don't see the sense in that. How can a guy moving over from the DL on such short notice who doesn't know the offense be any better than a walkon OL that knows the offense and has been in the system from the get go? Maybe we don't even have enough of those type players to field a scrimmage? That would be sad.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I think you're right, but I don't see the sense in that. How can a guy moving over from the DL on such short notice who doesn't know the offense be any better than a walkon OL that knows the offense and has been in the system from the get go? Maybe we don't even have enough of those type players to field a scrimmage? That would be sad.
yep,
reminds me of CG when he wasn't getting any OLs.It was like we were playing tag- fball with only backs and WRs.Basically couldn't have a intrasquad "game" because you need 10 OLs.