Who returns/leaves?

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Out of the seniors on the current roster, who do y’all think will return (if any)? If I had to pick three, I’m gonna guess Camp, Clayton, and Johnson. Camp and Clayton need film (and a full season). If Johnson still has classes, I say he stays. Clayton already alluded to he’s coming back.

Additionally, do y’all see any Juniors looking elsewhere?

Any surprises other than AB?

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Out of the seniors on the current roster, who do y’all think will return (if any)? If I had to pick three, I’m gonna guess Camp, Clayton, and Johnson. Camp and Clayton need film (and a full season). If Johnson still has classes, I say he stays. Clayton already alluded to he’s coming back.

I think we see more attrition from the CPJ kids.
Roughly 3-5 more.
We will be young again next year.
I don't think we actually have a senior laden team until about 2023/2024, maybe 2025. Gibbs so far looks every bit of a 1st-3rd round junior NFL pick.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
For your answer, a good place to start looking is for guys who just graduated. I know I saw graduation posts from Tobias Oliver, Jalen Camp, and a few others.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
I believe camp, Johnson and Clayton will come back. I think we could see 1 running back transfer such as griffin since he didn’t get the ball a lot this year. I think Gleason will transfer soon.

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
I believe camp, Johnson and Clayton will come back. I think we could see 1 running back transfer such as griffin since he didn’t get the ball a lot this year. I think Gleason will transfer soon.
I would think RBs like an Elllison or Amerson might look somewhere for playing time. I hope none of our top 4 do.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I'm most interested in the OL. We may be OK if DeFoor and/or Johnson don't come back with the MSU transfer and a Fr. stepping up, but we will be young and have no depth. The following year with Qunnney and Minihan leaving we will be very young. There is a big gap in recruiting on the OL between Jrs and true Fr. People who are critical of the offense don't seem to understand the importance of an OL to any offense and the team's talent.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If you want to know which seniors won't be coming back, look at who participated in Senior Day. Those guys won't be back. Those seniors who did not participate in Senior Day, may or may not be back next year.

Here's who graduated this Fall.

Jaytlin Askew — Business Administration
Kenny Cooper — Business Administration
Jack DeFoor — Business Administration
Stephen Dolphus — Literature, Media, and Communication
Xavier Gantt — Business Administration
Errin Joe — MS Building Construction
Brenton King — Business Administration
Jahaziel Lee — Business Administration
Mikey Minihan — Business Administration
Tobias Oliver — Business Administration
Zach Quinney — Business Administration
Jaylend Ratliffe — Literature, Media, and Communication
Tre Swilling — Business Administration

The biggest names on this list for me are Tre Swilling, Zach Quinney, and Mikey Minihan. These are all guys I expected to be back again next year for their "senior" season. THey're all Business Administration, which means the most likely Master's program would be the MBA, which is not a given they'll be admitted at Georgia Tech.

Last edited:

slugboy

Staff member
If you want to know which seniors won't be coming back, look at who participated in Senior Day. Those guys won't be back. Those seniors who did not participate in Senior Day, may or may not be back next year.

The biggest names on this list for me are Tre Swilling, Zach Quinney, and Mikey Minihan. These are all guys I expected to be back again next year for their "senior" season. THey're all Business Administration, which means the most likely Master's program would be the MBA, which is not a given they'll be admitted at Georgia Tech.
I think Cooper and Minihan are two of the three players to play center this year. Lay is the other. That position could be really thin.
For the sake of our OL, it would help for some of these players to come back, but it’s more likely that we need underclassmen to step up.
That’s total guesswork—I haven’t talked to any of those players.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Cooper and Minihan are two of the three players to play center this year. Lay is the other. That position could be really thin.
For the sake of our OL, it would help for some of these players to come back, but it’s more likely that we need underclassmen to step up.
That’s total guesswork—I haven’t talked to any of those players.
We may also have someone from the freshman class ready to step up.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
One of the questions is what does the NCAA do on giving players one transfer without having to sit out a year. If that comes to fruition, I think you will see the most transfers in the next year than we have ever seen in College Football. I think it will both cost Tech players we don't want to lose but also give us opportunities at players who are sitting the bench at the elite programs. It will be more like basketball where every year is a crapshoot based on who you get back.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
I personally have no issue with the seniors moving on. That's not a knock on any of them, but we need the younger recruits to start playing and developing to build the depth we need. We don't need a ton of 1 year guys continuing to play.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I would be shocked to see 2 at RB go. Hopefully we keep Griffin and Smith. Injuries can pile up at that position so we need the bodies. Hell, Covid might not be completely gone by then too. As far as Tre, I think he might go, especially if his brother transfers too.... BJS wants to play RB in college and unless we lose 2-3 guys I don’t see it here. Tobias Oliver is another. He never really stood out at any position but could excel at QB in an option system. Maybe KSU. I don’t expect him back. Jalen Camp, if he wants to play at the next level, which he’s built for, one more year will drastically help. Clayton is in the same boat as Camp. If pro football is his passion, this is the best thing that could’ve happened for him. I think he comes back.

slugboy

Staff member
If I were transferring as a graduate and wanted to get into coaching, I’d go to a school where I could finish an education bachelors or masters in one year, or do that as a graduate assistant.
If I was getting draft-ready, I’d stay here.
Otherwise, I’d be interviewing or getting draft-ready now

Sean311

Helluva Engineer

It’s so awesome seeing Jaylend Ratliffe graduate. That degree will set him up for the rest of his life.

Deleted member 2897

Lots of pictures of guys getting their degrees...Minihan, Oliver, etc etc etc. lots of decisions coming.

Deleted member 2897

Jaylend actually graduated this summer. I mean, matters the same, but...

Jmonty71

Banned

I would not be shocked to see Sims, jump ship. He didn't look like one that would stay in a losing program. I will bet, if he gets a better offer, he is gone.