Who is your most pleasant surprise among the incoming freshmen so far?

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
I'd have to say Meiko Dotson. His offer list consisted of a bunch of MAC teams and his film wasn't overwhelming. But so far in the interviews I've read, he is the incoming CB who is getting the most praise. I have to admit I thought he was a reach maybe. Looks like we found a diamond in the rough.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I was interested to see Glanton mentioned before Henderson. Of the two DTs I had assumed Henderson was more ready. For numbers I would love one to play and the other to RS.

I loved Dotson's film. I thought he looked super physical and aggressive, just like Wigley.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I'll revisit this thread in December or in 4-5 years and lett you know. As of right now, it appears to be the deepest class that I can remember since Al Gore invented the Internet.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
For me it's Meiko Dotson. I figured he would be a player like Carl Miles. Play special teams then transfer because of the depth at the position.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Searcy if we a counting Red-Shirts from last year.
True Freshmen - Christian Philpott as he was having a great camp until he got hurt.

ptjackets

Georgia Tech Fan
Brad Stewart, here is why! from time to time we will have to throw the football. If that happens we need someone who is a cluch guy. The "go to guy" just like smelter. I think steward will be that guy. He is a gamer! I think he will be a good one before he leaves the flats!

bke1984

Helluva Engineer

No, just kidding...Honestly, I want to see them all play before I say who I'm the most surprised with. I'm not exactly surprised that MM moved up at B-Back, but it wouldn't have shocked me if he didn't either.

If Brad is really as good at high pointing the ball as people think then he's going to be great in our offense. With as much as our offense puts our receivers in man coverage, he'd have plenty of chances to go up and get the ball.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Well, first of all it can't be Brad because we had page after page of a couple of guys telling us not to be surprised if he ended up being Tech's best recruit and that was even before off season practice began.

In no particular order, Glanton, Dotson and Weimerskirch. The later, before he got hurt, seemed to have much more ability than I expected.

I was surprised that Campbell did not show out as well as I thought he would. Injuries may be the reason, however. I also thought Howell enrolling early would put him further along than it seems to have.

Everyone else seems to be performing pretty much as I thought they would, including Marcus Marshall who was the freshman I was most excited about.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Shouldn't we ask this question after we've at least played a game, and probably more like 6? Considering I doubt many of us are privy to practices, and pre-season reports can often be very misleading in terms of who will actually be contributing come game time.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
IDK. I haven't watched practice. However, from reports, Brad Stewart. In our offense, the ability to win the contested ball trumps field stretching speed. Apparently, he has that. Can he block? That trumps winning contested balls.