Who is your Favorite Tech Player

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Buck Martin was a great receiver also. In 1951 Buck Martin beat Auburn all by himself by catching 4 touchdown passes in a 27-7 win over Auburn. His statistics in 1951 were tremendous he had 37 catches for 566 yards and 8 touchdowns in an era where you didn't throw the football much at all.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Kelly Campbell was spectacular. Unless my memory fails me (correct me if I'm wrong), wasn't he a walk-on?

I don't believe he was a walk on. IIRC, he was offered a scholarship very late in the year, like months after signing day. Don't know if he was waiting on test results or what. He wasn't a "big name" recruit or anything and the only reason it stands out was the unusually late timing. What a pickup he turned out to be. If we had another one just like him on the roster, it would certainly help keep the safeties honest. That kid could fly.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don't believe he was a walk on. IIRC, he was offered a scholarship very late in the year, like months after signing day. Don't know if he was waiting on test results or what. He wasn't a "big name" recruit or anything and the only reason it stands out was the unusually late timing. What a pickup he turned out to be. If we had another one just like him on the roster, it would certainly help keep the safeties honest. That kid could fly.
Your memory is good, IIRC, he had to wait out a test score.