Who is your Favorite Tech Player

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Ok, so we have hit the dead season and I thought I would put it out there to name your favorite Tech player.
Now, just to add some nostalgia, my Tech background comes from my grandfather and grandmother. My grandfather passed away in 1967 but we had our season tickets from 1931-1994. When my grandmother died I started getting my own and have been since 1995. My grandmother always said her favorite was Stumpy Thompson. she said he would jump over the line and score.

For me this is tough as I have seen many greats at Tech. Renso Rock Perdoni, David Sims, Rambling Robert Lavette, Eddie Lee, etc. But for me it will always be little Jerry Mays. He came back from an ACL in 1987 to basically put that team on his back in 1989. And his 40 carries and 203 yards in slaying the Dogs, well there is nothing better.

So what say you in this off season?
I know this dates me...but whatever...Luscia
Ok, so we have hit the dead season and I thought I would put it out there to name your favorite Tech player.
Now, just to add some nostalgia, my Tech background comes from my grandfather and grandmother. My grandfather passed away in 1967 but we had our season tickets from 1931-1994. When my grandmother died I started getting my own and have been since 1995. My grandmother always said her favorite was Stumpy Thompson. she said he would jump over the line and score.

For me this is tough as I have seen many greats at Tech. Renso Rock Perdoni, David Sims, Rambling Robert Lavette, Eddie Lee, etc. But for me it will always be little Jerry Mays. He came back from an ACL in 1987 to basically put that team on his back in 1989. And his 40 carries and 203 yards in slaying the Dogs, well there is nothing better.

So what say you in this off season?
I know this dates me...whatever...Lucius Sanford

furant

Jolly Good Fellow
Looking at the title I was thinking only of current players and the first guy that came to mind was Tre Swilling. I love his story. I love the way he helped recruit others and when my sons and I met him last year you couldn't imagine a more gracious and welcoming person.

Oh and I expect him to kick butt in this scheme.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
For basketball its too easy...Matt Harpring hands down.
Offence is Joe Hamilton, but with a long list nipping at his heels.
Defense is Michael Johnson, just ahead of Derrick Morgan.
Special Teams is Luke Manget, just for having the mental strength to put one through the uprights one play after having a kick blocked.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Being a fairly recent Tech student and fan, I have to go with Justin Thomas. Every time I met him, he was really nice, and I always walked away thinking “That is the coolest person I’ve ever met.” Honorable mention to Robbie Godhigh for dominating despite being the smallest guy on the field.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I want to say Calvin because he was just incredible, but it's Joe Hamilton, for sure. The guy could throw us on his shoulders and completely take over a game.

...as a side note, I feel like Will Bynum was like that for Tech basketball. The Wake Forest game in 2005 comes to mind.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Riccardo Ingram - 2 sport STUD!
I totally agree. He may be the best athlete ever at Tech. I am pretty sure He was all ACC in baseball and football. He probably could have played basketball too. We had a football player I think C J Williams who played some basketball for Cremins. He was a great 2 sport athlete as well. Bunky Henry kicked for football and was a terrific golfer on the golf team. We have had a few good ones over the years.