Who is staying and who is going?

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I don't think Corey Dennis is going anywhere. This is his Jr. year. In spite of the fact that his father is an ex-ugag DE and some cousins hail from Auburn, he values the fact that an aunt and uncle are GT grads and that he's not far from having his own GT degree.
I dont think he will transfer if he does...I think he will just focus on football.

He may not leave though and I dont have him as likely as some of these other guys.

Bailey is probably gone. Cheeks is probably gone too but he actually has a chance to compete this year with all of the guys that left.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think both Bostic and Zenon will do very well where they go, if they go. Both have speed, and I can see both of them excelling in the right system. I also think both of them will become good kickoff returners at other schools.

I disagree. Their problems aren't lack of speed (or improper usage) it's being unable to change direction in space. That's why they haven't been able to do anything here on kickoffs. They'd both probably do well if they go down a division.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I disagree. Their problems aren't lack of speed (or improper usage) it's being unable to change direction in space. That's why they haven't been able to do anything here on kickoffs. They'd both probably do well if they go down a division.
Agree. But if they transfer to a school with a one back offense, they may face greater disappointment.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Bostic also goes down way too easily..Zenon spins out of stuff occasionally.

Bostic is a nice option on the edge but other than that he hasn't contributed that much yet...

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
My evaluations have nothing to do with a desire for a player to stay or leave, that is there choice. I still think both Bostic and Zenon will do well according to the system they are in, but from all the names mentioned as possible transfers, I have not really seen anyone that appears to be a negative impact to the team if they leave. We seem to have a good supply of backs with more coming in. This appears to be true with linebackers which I assume Cheeks was included (he was recruited as a LB). I think we still have a good basis for covering all the losses of this year's seniors. It also opens up more spots for this year's recruiting effort.

Sometimes, it is a win-win situation for the transferring players and the coaching staff. If the players are transferring because they are not getting any playing time, then they are not doing us much good anyway, regardless if its the coach or the players. One thing for sure, the future will decide the wisdom of the transfers for all concerned.