• Simpson

• Tres

• Marquis Grissom Jr

• Chance Huff

• Andrew Jenkins

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buzz_404

Jolly Good Fellow
Who do you guys think will leave, I’m just curious to see other peoples thoughts, I think Huff is the only one that stays

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Who do you guys think will leave, I’m just curious to see other peoples thoughts, I think Huff is the only one that stays
I said everyone but Marquis. I could easily see him going, but I think that he could only improve his draft stock and could become a 2nd or 3rd rounder. He would have to bet on himself though.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
I agree and think both Borden and MGJ would greatly improve their stock and round given 2 years of eligibility. Unless they’re done with “school”.

Huff is gone and will do well. Really good guy!

There is also undrafted free agent, or whatever they call it. I would bet we see a few names that take that option as well….

We knew JP Wheat’s number but not sure post TJ he goes for minimum. I could be wrong.

Any other recruits in the draft board? Busy today and wasn’t able to check it out.

Congrats to all drafted! Wonderful to have decisions.

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
Logically, i feel like Grissom and Borden could dramatically improve their stock with another year. But the fact they got drafted makes me feel like a deal is in place. Grissom really surprises me. Unless he’s able to get a bonus like a 5th/6th rounder, seems like he wouldve come back with 2 years eligibility left.

Buzz_404

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree and think both Borden and MGJ would greatly improve their stock and round given 2 years of eligibility. Unless they’re done with “school”.

Huff is gone and will do well. Really good guy!

There is also undrafted free agent, or whatever they call it. I would bet we see a few names that take that option as well….

We knew JP Wheat’s number but not sure post TJ he goes for minimum. I could be wrong.

Any other recruits in the draft board? Busy today and wasn’t able to check it out.

Congrats to all drafted! Wonderful to have decisions.
Not that I have seen, I think a lot of them are pretty deeply committed to Tech, your username (I’m new on this site)is okerholm, are you related to Christian okerholm?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Logically, i feel like Grissom and Borden could dramatically improve their stock with another year. But the fact they got drafted makes me feel like a deal is in place. Grissom really surprises me. Unless he’s able to get a bonus like a 5th/6th rounder, seems like he wouldve come back with 2 years eligibility left.
I would assume money is not as big a factor for Grissom. ...where to best develop is.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm pretty sure everyone drafted on the first two days is gone. I think Borden comes back so he can play in the field and show another strong year at the plate. I think his late round draft was simply a team taking a flyer on him based on one year with the bat. Another good year plus some skills in the field would improve his draft stock tremendously. I think Grissom comes back too. This year he showed some promise but another year as a solid Friday starter might put him in a first day draft position. Plus his dad gets to see him play another year close to home. I think this year's draft shows the value the league places on seasoned college pitchers vs. those straight out of high school.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm pretty sure everyone drafted on the first two days is gone. I think Borden comes back so he can play in the field and show another strong year at the plate. I think his late round draft was simply a team taking a flyer on him based on one year with the bat. Another good year plus some skills in the field would improve his draft stock tremendously. I think Grissom comes back too. This year he showed some promise but another year as a solid Friday starter might put him in a first day draft position. Plus his dad gets to see him play another year close to home. I think this year's draft shows the value the league places on seasoned college pitchers vs. those straight out of high school.
Borden graduated and is an older player for this draft Let alone next years draft. Time to move on. Don’t think Grissom‘s dad is so impressed with his son’s progress over the past two years at GT. We will see in the next ten days as this is the signing period. Neither player is returning. Time to turn the page and focus on the guys that will be here.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Borden graduated and is an older player for this draft Let alone next years draft. Time to move on. Don’t think Grissom‘s dad is so impressed with his son’s progress over the past two years at GT. We will see in the next ten days as this is the signing period. Neither player is returning. Time to turn the page and focus on the guys that will be here.

Every player has his own considerations. Looking at last year's 20 round draft and after the 10th round about 80-90% of the players drafted were signed.

The fact that Grissom has not advanced more is a consideration. We had a once in a generation offense and the pitching and defense let us down last season.
1658329085553.png

As I remember. last year there was a month for signing. Now there is only two weeks. I think the stats will remain about the same this year and we'll see soon.

After 1 August, we have the undrafted guys who will sign from our roster (no commits probably) and then transfers in. The transfers in are the biggest upside that we have remaining given most of recruiting class is intact.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
MLB Rookie camp starts next week so this will be a quick process. Hopefully now the scholarship picture is clearer for our coaching staff, and we can get a few impact transfers As I’m sure some money cam off our books.