Who gets moved to DL

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
I'd run the ball 40 times a game against us this year. Our starters leave a lot to be desired and we have zero depth. Wear those starters out and just start gashing the D.

We are going to have no margin for error offensively.

I get what you're saying but I'm more worried about having virtually no pass rush and QB's having all day to throw. That's where our biggest problem is, in my opinion.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I get what you're saying but I'm more worried about having virtually no pass rush and QB's having all day to throw. That's where our biggest problem is, in my opinion.
I wouldn't exactly say no pass rush. Gotsis is coming into his own on the interior. Even if he draws a double team, it'll free up someone else on the outside. Freeman has shown a relentless motor and all reports are promising about Whitehead. And then there's our very athletic LB's and DB's. Roof and Pelton and come up with some slick blitzes to put pressure on the qb ala Tenuta.

I'm not saying or predicting a great pass rush by any means. But I'm not going to freak out until I see we can't get it done in games.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't exactly say no pass rush. Gotsis is coming into his own on the interior. Even if he draws a double team, it'll free up someone else on the outside. Freeman has shown a relentless motor and a reports are promising about Whitehead. And then there's our very athletic LB's and DB's. Roof and Pelton and come up with some slick blitzes to put pressure on the qb ala Tenuta.

All very good points, I'm not as woe is me about the D Line as some appear to be. Tech has 3 games for the newcomers to get their legs under them and it's going to fun to see who emerges as the next man up!

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I don't know about you guys but I am excited to see Kallon Finally get on the field! Who knows, maybe he could be the next great thing!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I hope in the first two games we play lots of subs and let the first string guys rest up. The guys further down the depth chart will need the practice and the first stringers will need the injury free rest before the big games on the schedule.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope Kallon is motivated to get on the field. He's much needed. It's a opportunity for several guys playing on the DL to contribute this year.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I'm comfortable that Kallon wants to get on the field. Remember his rating was based upon potential due to his limited football experience.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Some of these guys on the preseason All-America potential team need to transition over to the team that actually plays football. Sometimes I think we lead the nation in unrealized potential.

Time to Step the hell UP!

I mean, if you can't step up now - with all these doors of opportunity just flying open everywhere- then I just don't know what to say.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
As I said elsewhere, I don't think we have such a dire situation at DT. Nobody plays more then 3 of them consistently during a season. Green is the question mark; if he can avoid injury, then we'll be better then fine. When Green is healthy, he's every bit the 4 star DT we recruited. The only way we run into trouble is if we have two DTs injured. I've been watching Tech football for a very long time and that has never happened. Slowed down for a game or two, yes; lost for the season, no. We may have to play some freshmen late to keep the rotation fresh, but that isn't anything new either.

Mind, I'm not saying that I'm happy about losing Commissiong (or Robbins, for that matter). I thought he was a potential 2 year starter and that he would lose his reported discontents when he started playing. I still think so and it is too bad, both for him and the program. But it isn't as if the cupboard is bare here.

knox

Georgia Tech Fan
As I said elsewhere, I don't think we have such a dire situation at DT. Nobody plays more then 3 of them consistently during a season. Green is the question mark; if he can avoid injury, then we'll be better then fine. When Green is healthy, he's every bit the 4 star DT we recruited. The only way we run into trouble is if we have two DTs injured. I've been watching Tech football for a very long time and that has never happened. Slowed down for a game or two, yes; lost for the season, no. We may have to play some freshmen late to keep the rotation fresh, but that isn't anything new either.

Mind, I'm not saying that I'm happy about losing Commissiong (or Robbins, for that matter). I thought he was a potential 2 year starter and that he would lose his reported discontents when he started playing. I still think so and it is too bad, both for him and the program. But it isn't as if the cupboard is bare here.
Shawn Green has 29 career tackles and zero sacks and has been injury plagued.

Pat Gamble has six career tackles and half of those were against Alabama A&M.

Rod Chungong and Keshun Freeman have never played in a DI football game.

Tyler Stargel has one career tackle.

The whole defensive line is an extremely dire situation. We are going to get manhandled.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Imagine Shamire getting moved to DT with his size and quickness
Seriously doubt it will ever happen and I don't think it would be good for him. He has great feet working in a small box, I admit, but he doesn't have the ability to chase. He might be good situationally, like 4th and short, but beyond that? If anything, I would promote Devine to #1 LG and send Braun over.

But hey, it is always good to think outside the box.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

The whole defensive line is an extremely dire situation. We are going to get manhandled.

Is there anything about Tech's football or it's recruiting that you like or feel good about? You know, there is a reason these young men were recruited by the staff.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Fair enough, but I doubt we lost our expected top 2 safeties going into fall camp before last year, top 3 by 4th game.

Otherwise, I agree with you. I think we'll be fine if things don't change.

Squints

Helluva Engineer

With the exception of Green these guys just finished their redshirt freshman season and Freeman was in high school last year. How many tackles do you expect them to have?