Who Do Y'all Think Will Be ACC Coach Of The Year?

Who Is Your Pick For ACC Coach Of The Year

• Syracuse Head Coach Dino Babers

Votes: 28 68.3%
  • Boston College Head Football Coach Steve Addazio

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • NCSU Head Coach Dave Doeren

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Deleted member 2897

As a reminder, here were the pre-season rankings for the ACC. In parenthesis is the +/- of how far off they are based on current record/standings in the ACC:

1) Clemson (0)
2) Miami (+8)
3) Florida State (+8)
4) Boston College (-2)
5) Virginia Tech (+3)
6) NC State (0)
7) Louisville (+7)
8) Wake Forest (+4)
9) Pittsburgh (-6)
10) Duke (-1)
11) Georgia Tech (-4)
12) North Carolina (+1)
13) Syracuse (-9)
14) Virginia (-11)

As you can tell, they got the easy one (Clemson) correct. They had a couple others like NC State, Duke, and UNCheat correct. But look at the typical Miami/FSU/Louisville love versus the typical hate of teams like Georgia Tech. I mean, this is CPJs 11th year, and we've only finished 10th or lower one single time, the 2015 year when we had 1,000 injuries. Someone needs to call them on this crap when they are this bad every year. They were off by 6 or more spots on 6 teams. That's almost half the conference they weren't even in the correct zip code.

I'd go Syracuse, because even though Pitt is riding high in the Coastal, they lost a ton of games out of conference. I'm not sure how you give a coach an award for being 5-4 when everybody predicted them to be an average team in the first place.

If Virginia wins out over Liberty, Georgia Tech, and Virginia Tech to finish 9-3, then it will be a close race for the award I bet.

LibertyTurns

Banned
There’s obviously some games left to be played, but take Clemp off as the shoe in pre-season #1 & you could get a better prediction list out of a monkey spitballing picks at the wall compared to what’s happened. Maybe someone needs to do a “here’s what this pre-season picker’s record is” every year so we all know what kind of experts we’re really looking at.