Who are Woody's Top candidates for D line coach?

ASURAMS07

Jolly Good Fellow
Any word on the next defensive line coach yet? This is the last coach to fill out the coaching staff correct?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Any word on the next defensive line coach yet? This is the last coach to fill out the coaching staff correct?

Former Wofford dl coach Riase interviewed a few weeks ago. (I got that from the Wofford board since it was apparently behind a paywall somewheres and folks here were acting all cute about it.:rolleyes:)

Pretty strong assumption that he'll be the guy. Obv. no formal announcement has been made yet.

ASURAMS07

Jolly Good Fellow
Former Wofford dl coach Riase interviewed a few weeks ago. (I got that from the Wofford board since it was apparently behind a paywall somewheres and folks here were acting all cute about it.

Pretty strong assumption that he'll be the guy. Obv. no formal announcement has been made yet.

Thanks because it got really quiet after Coach Woody press conference and just had not heard anything else about it.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Even if some of them are from smaller schools, I like adding younger succesfull coaches to our staff.
Head coach has even said he is not sure what motivates this generation.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

TerrierTracker Twitter profile says "Spartanburg Herald-Journal sports writer covering Wofford College sports up close for nearly two decades"

Not sure what to think of the Hire. I don't really care at this point. I don't expect much from Johnson these days. He hasn't made any great hires to any of his coaching staff since he took the job here.

To quite the storm. I would have liked to have seen a hire from a bigger program. I'm not sure this dude has the reputation to come in and make a impact recruiting some big boys. We will see though.