Whitehead update

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
No, things will not change. Apparently KW, Johnson, and the GMC coach all knew this could happen. He gave it his best with 100% encouragement from both Tech and GMC; he just came up short. He was prepared for it, but I'm sure he's still not happy. On the plus side, he has a year to get used to the hell that Tech can be.
Bingo!
Tech wanted this guy whether we was going to be eligible this year or not. People forget that when he came out of high school he had dozens of offers from top ranked schools including Tech, Clemson, Georgia, Miami, Notre Dame, Penn State, South Carolina and VPI. Whitehead apparently told Tech he could pull off taking a massive number of courses this summer and be eligible to play this year. Tech probably said, "Great, go for it!" Meanwhile what Tech said all along in the press and to anyone we asked was that we don't know when he will come to Tech. They never misled because they never knew until the final grades came in whether or not he would have enough hours. Nothing mysterious about this.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Bingo!
Tech wanted this guy whether we was going to be eligible this year or not. People forget that when he came out of high school he had dozens of offers from top ranked schools including Tech, Clemson, Georgia, Miami, Notre Dame, Penn State, South Carolina and VPI. Whitehead apparently told Tech he could pull off taking a massive number of courses this summer and be eligible to play this year. Tech probably said, "Great, go for it!" Meanwhile what Tech said all along in the press and to anyone we asked was that we don't know when he will come to Tech. They never misled because they never knew until the final grades came in whether or not he would have enough hours. Nothing mysterious about this.
So coaches say now just say - good luck with that calculus. The punter and the archery guys have no trouble. See you next year.
Next year comes and we find shazam - we hear that guy should have studied like the punter and the archery guy.

Guys is it true that tech is hard Yes.
Should we help and follow up on our athletes? I say yes.
The negative recruiting is it false? Not so sure.

So coaches say now just say - good luck with that calculus. The punter and the archery guys have no trouble. See you next year.
Next year comes and we find shazam - we hear that guy should have studied like the punter and the archery guy.

Guys is it true that tech is hard Yes.
Should we help and follow up on our athletes? I say yes.
The negative recruiting is it false? Not so sure.
He was not a student at Ga Tech. Tech could not help him with those studies. The GMC coach and faculty did their job and helped and encouraged all they could. This is not the case of a dumb jock; this is the case of a kid who tried to do even more than the average student so he could qualify this year. He just barely fell short.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I guess where I get confused is when I see a guy like Nick Marshall, who started out at UGA, left and went to a JC for a year then transferred in to Auburn eligible to play immediately. I guess I assumed Whitehead was following the same kind of path. But the ins and outs of SA rules and what not are not something I have studied much.

So this is where we are now, and I am optimistic the Jackets will pull together and figure out a way to get it done even with the personnel issues they have had this off season.