White out? Homecoming?

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm assuming Homecoming is a no-go this year? Is there a white-out game? A heroes day? Any of the regular special stuff, or just trying to get through 2020? I just haven't seen anything posted. I wouldn't be surprised if all these types of things were canceled this year since it's essentials only on the field and of course lower % of fans in the stands. Just wondering if you guys had heard anything.

thanks!

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I'm assuming Homecoming is a no-go this year? Is there a white-out game? A heroes day? Any of the regular special stuff, or just trying to get through 2020? I just haven't seen anything posted. I wouldn't be surprised if all these types of things were canceled this year since it's essentials only on the field and of course lower % of fans in the stands. Just wondering if you guys had heard anything.

thanks!
Re: Whiteout
Last week was probably the only semblance of a whiteout we’ll see this year. Last year the whiteout game was the first home game vs. USF. The all white unis vs. UCF was probably our attempt at a whiteout knowing that an effort to whiteout the crowd would be silly with only 20% capacity. Homecoming is almost assuredly not happening, because what’s the point if everyone can’t be there?

Given that the current schedule is still subject to change on any given week, there will probably not be any special events planned more than 1 or maybe 2 weeks out.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
As a student I can assure that homecoming is on! I'm not sure as to how many events and stuff will be occurring for the alumni who decide to come to campus but I do know that most events Pomp etc. Will be happening. It will also be over a 2 week period from October 5th through the 17th! So if you're alumni you're more than welcome to come on down and see the festivities and excitement around campus!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
As a student I can assure that homecoming is on! I'm not sure as to how many events and stuff will be occurring for the alumni who decide to come to campus but I do know that most events Pomp etc. Will be happening. It will also be over a 2 week period from October 5th through the 17th! So if you're alumni you're more than welcome to come on down and see the festivities and excitement around campus!
LOL! That's the whole purpose of "Homecoming." It's about bringing alumni back to campus. Homecoming activities are generally about alumni not current students.

neverquit

Georgia Tech Fan
I too have fond recollections of how exciting those Homecoming weeks were. Just the thought of all the old codgers coming back to campus were enough to get the students worked up into a frenzy. All those frat parties on campus were set up to serve as a magnet to get alumni back on campus.............NOT!