Which QB finishes against Clemson

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
Yall don't sleep on Gleason

I’ve always been high on Gleason but the shortened spring hurts him and Sims. I’m definitely no scout of talent but I thought Gleason was ahead of Sims as a passer, but graham and Yates have an edge on experience and are more used to the speed of the game.

Jacketman

Jolly Good Fellow
Yates finishes, Graham starts. I'm really doubtful the season is going to happen though, and Sims and Gleason probably aren't playing. They haven't had the benefit of spring ball/summer/and early fall in person.

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
Not necessarily germane to the conversation, but I was just running at the SAC fields Simms was working out with a receiver (couldn’t tell who the receiver was, I’m a bad Tech fan)

He looked pretty darn good! Good zip on the ball. I’ve never played football at a high level so I have no idea, but from a lay-person’s perspective he looked pretty good!

I said “Go Jackets” to him as I passed and he liked that.

I still think the smart play is to redshirt him. Yates and Graham are plenty talented enough to do well, and that way Sims doesn’t have to burn a year

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Brings up an interesting question. Would loss of this year schedule cause the loss of what could have been a redshirt year. Will the NCAA allow 6 years to play 4. Will create some strain on scholarship limits unless they are increased from 85.

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t think we will, even last year we only did that because we had no idea who could do it best. We had a bit of a frankenstein’s offense for the first half of the season. Once we found out Graham could run what we wanted, we stuck with him.

I forsee something similar, but not as extreme as last year. I foresee our QB battle between Graham and Yates continuing through the first few games against Clemson and Gardner Webb. See how they run the offense in practice, then see how they perform in the game.

After that I think we’ll stick with one, but he’ll always have to look over his shoulder for the guy behind him in practice, because “Competition is King”