Which new skill players will surprise people the most

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
Out of our BBs (Allen, Skov, freshmen), ABs(Willis, Searcy, Lynch, freshmen), and WRs(Summers, Jeune, freshmen) which player(s) do you expect to have a breakout season. Also, do you think Snoddy will be back to the level he played at before the injury?

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
My money is on Skov making the impact at BB, Jeune making the impact at WR and among the freshman - Omahri Jarrett at AB. I remember being most impressed with OJ's film among the freshman AB's (even though his offers were not impressive), and there should be some PT available.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
This one is hard for me.. I think Skov is going to be a big deal for us, but I don't know if we can count it as "surprise" since he is starting to get some hype.

Same thing with JHD - I think he is getting plenty of love too but will be a big impact player.

If I had to pick someone who would be most surprising and still under the radar to all both those who follow GT most closely, than I would have to go with Jeune.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Out of our BBs (Allen, Skov, freshmen), ABs(Willis, Searcy, Lynch, freshmen), and WRs(Summers, Jeune, freshmen) which player(s) do you expect to have a breakout season. Also, do you think Snoddy will be back to the level he played at before the injury?

I believe Snoddy will be back and any one, or several of those you mentioned are possibilities on O. Maybe add Messick to the mix. If I had to pick one it would be Searcy. By year end we will be talking about a freshman AB. (On D it is more clear to me that a pleasant surprise will come from Lewis, Simmons, J Johnson, and maybe a freshman LB. I am counting on JHD and Gotsis already.)

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Allen looked awful good to me in the spring game. Maybe it had something to do with my not expecting much, but he looked to have power and some good acceleration. It's a hard question to answer since we have seen so little of most of them.

I also am expecting a monster year out of Snoddy. He is the complete package, and the only returning A with any real experience. One A back usually plays more downs than the others, and that is when many have some experience. I'm thinking Snoddy is going to be in the huddle a whole lot.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Summers, Allen and Snoddy are the three I expect to shine with Snoddy and Allen around the 1000 yard mark as teams try to keep JT bottled up. On another note my son just received an A in a summer finance class and the first thing I thought was "I wonder how Jabari is doing in his class".

Gtech24

Jolly Good Fellow
Ike Willis, anyone?
I think Ike had the best Spring Game out of all the BBs. He looked really good and the coaches all seem to have confidence in him. I also think Allen and Jeune will have breakout seasons. Snoddy should pick up where he left off.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Recovery from a break (even a nasty looking one like Snoddy's) is much faster/easier than a joint injury. I don't expect there to be much holding Broderick back this year. Assuming he gets solid blocking he should have a great year.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There are a lot of players to be excited about, even if we have little real data or even hints at how they will play.

• Skov has a mature body that looks ready for BB duty... that is all we really know
  • Allen showed he do the BB job
  • June had some positive comments leak from spring practice
  • JHD looked to be head hunting and more than just quick off the ball in his spring videos
  • I am pulling for Snoddy to come back as strong as ever
  • Ike can block (spring game and 2014 NC State game)
  • Lynch can block(spring game)
  • Searcy is an athlete that will do more than just contribute

There are some outstanding true freshman, but it is really hard to contribute as a freshman due to both knowledge and physical maturity.
  • Nate looks both fast and mean
  • M Marshall runs very "tough" in his highlights
  • MLD has a chance to get into the rotation at BB
  • Philpott has some great hands
  • Stewart has a mature body and has shown some ability to get to the ball
  • Mitchell would be the heaviest LB on our roster?
  • Victor has a chain of heads for a necklace
  • Will Bryan has mad skills and a killer drive
  • AJ Gray has everything doing for him in ability and size
  • Is anyone as interested in seeing Campbell's QB ability as me?
  • Many other great freshman to look forward to possibly playing

I am waiting to see how the next LB to PJ performs given more of a full time job
I want to see how the next safety steps ups given IJ's departure to the NFL
Strong DE will be another interesting key position to watch

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
It seems like almost everyone has been named in this thread. Sounds promising to me. Lots of talent in this group.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I think Ike had the best Spring Game out of all the BBs. He looked really good and the coaches all seem to have confidence in him. I also think Allen and Jeune will have breakout seasons. Snoddy should pick up where he left off.
Isaiah Willis at ABack?

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I know we are talking about offense, but I really like Shaun Kagawa on defense..just seems to be an all around good football player.

For offense:

AB: Cottrell, Jarrett ( faaaaaast)

BB: Marshall, Lands Davis, Skov (dude looks like Roman Reigns, beast)

WR: Summers (he has great speed)
Messick (dude is a beast)

ST: Jamal - going out in style with 5 kick return TD.