Which GT Swarm Member is this?

Deleted member 4873

Does this guy really represent the average GT fan?
I didn’t think so.

Jmonty71

Banned
No we don't. We need more donors.
I disagree. More fans = more seats sold. More fans = more GT apparel being bought. More fans generate money, to where its not just the donors or people saying, give me more money. I think seeing 50K for each game versus 10K, sitting in the stands would be the boost needed. Not to mention its easier to get money, if you have a winning product. Simple marketing 101 rules...

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
I disagree. More fans = more seats sold. More fans = more GT apparel being bought. More fans generate money, to where its not just the donors or people saying, give me more money. I think seeing 50K for each game versus 10K, sitting in the stands would be the boost needed. Not to mention its easier to get money, if you have a winning product. Simple marketing 101 rules...
Agreed but which comes first - fans showing up or winning games to get them to show up? History in every sport in every part of the world yields an easy answer...

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
During the Dodd years sports writers used to talk about the polite applause in the stands when Tech would make a first down or big play.

Times have changed. If you watch an SEC game on TV these today fans (like this video) are the kind that the camera seeks out. The SEC seems to think this is good for branding. They love showing fans going ape - - - - crazy and then saying “The SEC, it means more.”

Just my opinion but if you think Tech doesn’t need to be different, we don’t need a unique scheme and we can recruit the same kind of players and develop the same kind of “pro aspiration culture” then you have to go all in and fans like this are part of that culture.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The Alumni Association has a massive list of gt graduates which they mainly use to fund raise over the year and at 10 year football homecoming game. at Basically AA money goes to build stuff to stay at top engr school. At half time of the Gtaa football game 10,20,30,40,50 years RETURNING classes present their amounts. At each orange bowl the alimni came and put on a party - i got to briefly visit with prez and AA head Irwin . They agreed giving went up biggly.

At my last review of this massive list , I found that the gtaa still has no access to this list. AT USF - tampa - i asked why so few alumni are attending - did u contact them - response we dont have access to list

Sure seems like Gt directly benefits from the gtaa athletic nationwide platform.

If we are going to be near top in acc football we need buzz about football to be communicated to ALL alumni. A small donation from everyone would really add up.
Should Gtaa have use of the alumni list for this purpose ???

Jmonty71

Banned
Agreed but which comes first - fans showing up or winning games to get them to show up? History in every sport in every part of the world yields an easy answer...
People want to be associated with winners... That is true, in any sport. Some people may call it "band wagon" or "Fair Weather".... But, losing teams have smaller fan bases. I cannot tell you how many Dwag shirts I see over GT shirts... on the same level... I cannot tell you how many Bama shirts I see over Dwag shirts... and live right outside of Atlanta.... GT starts winning, they will see more money.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
They mean absolutely nothing when it comes to improving the program. Is that what we want or do we want more people that make videos?
1,000 fans that give $100 are easier to find than one fan that gives $100,000. $100 is acquired by tickets, concessions, souvenirs, etc.