Where will GT go in the NCAA Tourney

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
Going to Oxford gets us out of having to play (knock off) another ACC team in the Super Regional. We've already conquered the ACC, now let's take out some Mississippi and Louisiana teams (and Washington).

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Our ACC Conference record is ACC CHAMPS :D

Yup, there were a few UVa fans who were pissed that MD beat them. Anything can happen. Interestingly, there were very few FSU fans at the game; maybe out stealing groceries?

We beat the #1 seed in Miami, but probably the third best team. I am glad that we faced MD and not UVa or FSU. We still could have won, but MD's sloppiness gave us a few runs. UVa doesn't usually play sloppy which is why they swept us with their timely hitting.

But the record stands - GT has 9 ACC championships and we are now tied with Clemson. Sweet that we beat Clemson. Pitching Dusty and then Clay was brilliant and paid off in the shut out.

Next year go for #10. Realize that GT won the ACC 3 years in a row in 85-87. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Coast_Conference_Baseball_Tournament

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
In our Region, there's three teams that could win. Ole Miss., Ga Tech and the favorite Washington.. Yes! Washington is the favorite from what I've read and heard from some college baseball writers. That makes Friday's game very BIG. Also remember we seem to raise our level of play when it comes to playing teams that are favored.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
In our Region, there's three teams that could win. Ole Miss., Ga Tech and the favorite Washington.. Yes! Washington is the favorite from what I've read and heard from some college baseball writers. That makes Friday's game very BIG. Also remember we seem to raise our level of play when it comes to playing teams that are favored.
I was just thinking about how we play up to the competition. In the ACC CG, we lost one game in five ...... to the second lowest ranked team. And it wasn't pitching quality but lack of hitting...... if we had gotten ahead in that game, I think we could have seen different relievers.

Even in the UVa series we played well, but didn't get the timely hits and left a lot on base. Given how many clutch hits we have in big games, I think the high LOB is more random than generic choking. But I'm biased.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
I was just thinking about how we play up to the competition. In the ACC CG, we lost one game in five ...... to the second lowest ranked team. And it wasn't pitching quality but lack of hitting...... if we had gotten ahead in that game, I think we could have seen different relievers.

Even in the UVa series we played well, but didn't get the timely hits and left a lot on base. Given how many clutch hits we have in big games, I think the high LOB is more random than generic choking. But I'm biased.

I'm bias as well and it's not choking...it' having timely hits that we more and a little bit of luck that plays into it. LOB does concern more now and we can't afford having a high number of that.