Where to get GT gear in town?

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Besides B&N which is closed until 7/6 where to grab so gear locally? Dicks or academy

Could score a hideous ensemble online
upload_2020-6-20_9-49-51.jpeg

upload_2020-6-20_9-50-18.jpeg

Suggestions?

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
LOL! When you find good gear, let us all know where to find it. I think It is absolutely ridiculous that fans cant even get 1% of the gear I see the coaches and players repping. In hindsight I kind of understand because the players and coaches want gear that is inclusive to the program, but our base is starving for some new merchandise and I think the GTAA and Addidas have dropped the ball in regards to that.

Edit: Just make sure if you buy from an online vendor like bit.ly or whatever cheap chinese site you feel like using, they have the option to pay thru Paypal or one of those various services. It keeps your credit card information linked to a secure site.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Wow, called dicks and was told Buckhead store had some. Freaking pathetic. Full of Georgia stuff but one rack of GT stuff on clearance....Bama stuff here too... WTF?

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
This is not the store's fault. GT people are notorious for not buying swag. As a retailer, why would you stock something few people are buying? It's business. If there's a demand, they'll provide an adequate supply.
I've heard this rumor for a long time. I've also been told its a licensing issue. I for one don't believe its a supply and demand issue, simply because we have been begging since the new Adidas contract for better merchandise. It's no secret that Uga kills us in merchandise sales, but to have such a small selection for Tech fans is mind blowing.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I've heard this rumor for a long time. I've also been told its a licensing issue. I for one don't believe its a supply and demand issue, simply because we have been begging since the new Adidas contract for better merchandise. It's no secret that Uga kills us in merchandise sales, but to have such a small selection for Tech fans is mind blowing.

I tend to agree. it's a chicken and egg situation. I would absolutely love to buy more GT stuff but it is rare for me to find anything I like, so I don't have much GT gear or apparel.I don't know why this has been so difficult for us. Almost every other major school in the SE has good looking merchandise.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Don't believe that for a second. Our AD's would never allow our IP people stand in the way of much needed money.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Besides B&N which is closed until 7/6 where to grab so gear locally? Dicks or academy

Could score a hideous ensemble online
View attachment 8443

View attachment 8444

Suggestions?
Damn. That second one would really work for me...if you nixed the solid gold back shoulder, and cut out all the gold GTs except one on the left breast.

I’ve been desperate to find a good white-and-gold GT Hawaiian shirt. So dang close...but you don’t need to be hit over the head with a sledgehammer, for a shirt like this. :(

Low-key is key, in this case.

Edit: I’d also go nuts for a white and-gold fractal design (in case you didn’t guess that already, based on my avatar).

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck

As someone who actually does sell (and even co-brand) licensed apparel, and talks to some of these companies in some capacity pretty regularly, it is most definitely a demand issue. GT fan base simply does not buy much gear, and even more so at full retail. We as a fan base are very very frugal, to put it mildly. When you hear it so many times from so many people in multiple companies that produce licensed gear, and even see it first hand in selling said gear, it’s definitely true.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't believe that for a second. Our AD's would never allow our IP people stand in the way of much needed money.

I’m not sure if this is sarcastic or not, but in the past, it had definitely been true. I’ve been told many times over my career when talking to companies that make licensed apparel, when asking “why no/so little GT gear?”, that GTs licensing fees are too high, especially relative to the low volume of sales it will bring. I’m pretty sure that’s changed recently, as I was allowed to co-brand with GT last year and it was pretty easy. That would likely have never happened just 5-8 years ago. Another school that seemingly has loosened their restrictions is Clemson. Lots of people in the industry were very surprised I was able to do some co-branding with them as well. UGA is actually the only school to deny me.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sure if this is sarcastic or not, but in the past, it had definitely been true. I’ve been told many times over my career when talking to companies that make licensed apparel, when asking “why no/so little GT gear?”, that GTs licensing fees are too high, especially relative to the low volume of sales it will bring. I’m pretty sure that’s changed recently, as I was allowed to co-brand with GT last year and it was pretty easy. That would likely have never happened just 5-8 years ago. Another school that seemingly has loosened their restrictions is Clemson. Lots of people in the industry were very surprised I was able to do some co-branding with them as well. UGA is actually the only school to deny me.
That's what I was talking about. I think the current administration (both on the Hill and in Edge) will do what it takes to GT's brand out there as broadly as possible.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Well the easy part is they can only improve. Can't get much worse than it is. But the ease of which to get UGA gear close to our campus compared to GT gear blew me away. WTH. I get it is the state school, but come on. Was trying to outfit the grandparents, my daughter and her best friend and even his mom. No luck. Have to order online via B&NGT until 7/6 when it "supposedly" opens for traffic or fanatics.com.... Amazon points to the fanatics stuff so not many options. Of all the places I've been and college campuses I've been to growing up and during this recruitment process, GT is by far the most anemic when it comes to merchandise choice and availability. Also given my size, 6'6" 290 it isn't easy to find stuff in the first place, so that's already not fun.

B&N and Fanatics has decent stuff, was just hoping to grab some basics.....while in town, but will have to resort to online again, but we already have most of the decent stuff.

Yeah, those Hawaiian shirts are something else. Painful on the eyes.