Where the haters?

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
I am in agreement with this 100%. I have seen this with the last 2 coaches....where the discussion becomes a wearisome back and forth over who is right. I am sure that 95% of the people who read this board, whether they post or not (you would be surprised at how many don't) do not enjoy it.

It is early in this regime. Can we stop this.???? I don't want each single game to be a referendum on the coach and/or the opportunity for people coming out of the woodwork thumping their chest on how they were wrong and how the other camp was right. Until the very next game, when the outcome is different and here comes the other party. Rinse. lather. repeat. I am certain that others feel the same way as we do @85Escape.

Whatever your opinion of this coach is, isn't enough for you to simply have it and NOT evangelize on this board?????
I think we all just want to win, but when we lose we hate hearing nonsense commentary

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
This whole thread implies that some large faction of our fan base wants us to lose so they can be right. I don’t think that’s true. Everyone just wants to win and didn’t feel like our situation the past two years was putting us in a good position to do so.

Last night was awesome. I love the defensive identity we are developing with pressure that leads to sacks and turnovers. Reminds me of our defense under Tenuta.

But listen, one game doesn’t define the coach - if it did we should have fired him after Citadel. We need to build on this. As others have said we played well, but not perfect. Offense stalled twice in the red zone, we still burned a TO when trying to get a play in, and we gave up a few big plays when we were trying to shut them down.

I’m encouraged for the first time under CGC. Let’s see how they react to a little success.

Jimd99

Georgia Tech Fan
I am in agreement with this 100%. I have seen this with the last 2 coaches....where the discussion becomes a wearisome back and forth over who is right. I am sure that 95% of the people who read this board, whether they post or not (you would be surprised at how many don't) do not enjoy it.

It is early in this regime. Can we stop this.???? I don't want each single game to be a referendum on the coach and/or the opportunity for people coming out of the woodwork thumping their chest on how they were wrong and how the other camp was right. Until the very next game, when the outcome is different and here comes the other party. Rinse. lather. repeat. I am certain that others feel the same way as we do @85Escape.

Whatever your opinion of this coach is, isn't enough for you to simply have it and NOT evangelize on this board?????
Well said, thanks....THWG and Go Jackets!

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
This whole thread implies that some large faction of our fan base wants us to lose so they can be right. I don’t think that’s true. Everyone just wants to win and didn’t feel like our situation the past two years was putting us in a good position to do so.

Last night was awesome. I love the defensive identity we are developing with pressure that leads to sacks and turnovers. Reminds me of our defense under Tenuta.

But listen, one game doesn’t define the coach - if it did we should have fired him after Citadel. We need to build on this. As others have said we played well, but not perfect. Offense stalled twice in the red zone, we still burned a TO when trying to get a play in, and we gave up a few big plays when we were trying to shut them down.

I’m encouraged for the first time under CGC. Let’s see how they react to a little success.

go back and read that thread after the first game. I was just looking through it. Many of those guys haven't been around the last 2 weeks - just waiting for the next loss so they can can back then.

Jimd99

Georgia Tech Fan
Whether I or other GT alum "like" Coach Collins isn't the issue. Do our players and recruits learn from his coaching staff, do they improve, are they working hard in practice, do they leave it all on the field every game, are they motivated to play to the best of their ability every game, does the coaching staff consistently recruit players that have the ability to win our conference title each year, do our players and recruits want to play in this "new hype environment" and consider it better to be a part of it rather than be at any other ACC school....and do they win all of the games they "should" and some of the games they shouldn't? If the above is accomplished I don't care what Coach Collins wears, how goofy some alum think he looks, how "corny" some alum think he is. If he achieves the above, helps the players become solid young men when they leave our program, and is also known for his integrity and ethics, he will have earned the right to be known as one of our best coaches ever. The football world continues to evolve and I believe Coach Collins has the potential to lead us through this process, to help the players be highly successful, and to win...."liking" his style means nothing to me in context of the above. The way I've seen the players develop, improve, play their asses off, and look like they're happy to be in the program in the last 2 games tells me more than Coach Collins words and what he wears😁 I'm pleased to support Coach Collins and his staff and look forward to winning. THWG

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I want to see us with a good OL before we make any changes to our OC job. Don't know know long that takes because I don't know what CBK is working with, seems to me he may not have much to work with because none of the HS recruits except one are playing regularly. I understand about those HS recruits that first arrived this year, but we had several in the previous class that don't seem to be showing up yet on the field.

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
Whether I or other GT alum "like" Coach Collins isn't the issue. Do our players and recruits learn from his coaching staff, do they improve, are they working hard in practice, do they leave it all on the field every game, are they motivated to play to the best of their ability every game, does the coaching staff consistently recruit players that have the ability to win our conference title each year, do our players and recruits want to play in this "new hype environment" and consider it better to be a part of it rather than be at any other ACC school....and do they win all of the games they "should" and some of the games they shouldn't? If the above is accomplished I don't care what Coach Collins wears, how goofy some alum think he looks, how "corny" some alum think he is. If he achieves the above, helps the players become solid young men when they leave our program, and is also known for his integrity and ethics, he will have earned the right to be known as one of our best coaches ever. The football world continues to evolve and I believe Coach Collins has the potential to lead us through this process, to help the players be highly successful, and to win...."liking" his style means nothing to me in context of the above. The way I've seen the players develop, improve, play their asses off, and look like they're happy to be in the program in the last 2 games tells me more than Coach Collins words and what he wears😁 I'm pleased to support Coach Collins and his staff and look forward to winning. THWG
Agree, I think he’s goofy. But winning is the bottom line. I’m a prof teaching stem stuff to soph & jr zoomers. I am strictly evaluated on how entertaining I am in the classroom according to the students. And yes I have bs, ms, & PhD from Gt in engineering plus some other grad degrees. See the point for better or worse?

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
go back and read that thread after the first game. I was just looking through it. Many of those guys haven't been around the last 2 weeks - just waiting for the next loss so they can can back then.
Nope. If we’re playing well and being coached well, there’s no problem! Just gotta get used to a Dabo type clown coach

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
Correct! How many alums work closely with zoomers ? Yep they have very different expectations.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think it was fair to question CGC's ability to coach on the field after the NIU loss. GT had the 5th most talented roster in the ACC, and NIU is normally recruiting in the 100's. On talent alone it shouldn't have been close...but not only was it close, we lost. Our showing against P5 teams was abysmal.

However, CGC gets credit to righting the ship...so far. We are less than 10 points away from being undefeated with wins over 2 ranked teams. Clemson will be viewed as a missed opportunity, but the performance against UNC defensively and offensively gives us a glimpse of the potential of this program under CGC. This program has a high ceiling, regardless of what some believe the "hurdles" are. That UNC team was a top 10 Offensive FEI team...and we decimated that offense. We are still not operating on all cylinders yet...which is SCARY to think about. Well, scary for the rest of the ACC to think about. GT can definitely win the Coastal this year if we play like we did against UNC.

That's the rub now. Can we handle success? Can we turn the page and handle our business like top tier programs...or will we spoil our success by dropping a dud a game after a big win. IMO, the Pitt game will tell us a LOT about what kind of team this is. If we go out there and treat the game like a business transaction, and win the game with an exclamation like the UNC game (which IMO, was the hardest Coastal test for us) we may well be the best team in the Coastal if not the ACC.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
With an injured Bresee and Skalski, which is who State ended up beating, we win that game easily. Also think if Sims wasn’t injured still he should’ve come in for a few plays at least, especially at the goal line.

If we play every game like we did this past Saturday we end up in the ACCCG. We control our own destiny there.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer

People who withhold money they normally give (Season tix, concessions, AT Fund etc) because of a coach, are wanting the program to lose. There are many on here who believe "their" money is special and the AD will miss it.

This is the 3rd game (out of 4) that we have looked like a bowl team. The first game, eh there were a LOT more stunning upsets than us on opening weekend. We play NIU now, and "the toughest" team is done before halftime.