Votes: 60 43.2%
  • I am finding other things to do on Saturdays

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • To Hell With Georgia

Votes: 42 30.2%

• Total voters

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I am pretty shot right now. I got banned on here after the loss to zima drinking UVA, threw a TV guide across the room and hit my dog and he wont come near me now and to top it all off because my dog would no longer listen to me he ran off and was hit by an old Ford Bronco driven by a guy who looked a lot like ex-steeler Rashard Mendenhall. Needless to say this loss has taken the wind out of my sails and the permanent maiming of my dog.

All of this to say, I cannot get randy for this upcoming game. Im apoplectic. Neutered. Numb. VT is usually my favorite game. 4-4 is not what I expected. Not what I thought.

Can we win out? Maybe. But not likely. Even the Falcons are killing me. UGA is undefeated. I am in hell.

Where yall at?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Just hoping for one of these.
toilet.jpg

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Once I threw a tv off my apartment balcony during a terrible gt last second wife.
Girlfriend still married me and we love gt and after 44 years can't wait to be in bds

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I am pretty shot right now. I got banned on here after the loss to zima drinking UVA, threw a TV guide across the room and hit my dog and he wont come near me now and to top it all off because my dog would no longer listen to me he ran off and was hit by an old Ford Bronco driven by a guy who looked a lot like ex-steeler Rashard Mendenhall. Needless to say this loss has taken the wind out of my sails and the permanent maiming of my dog.

All of this to say, I cannot get randy for this upcoming game. Im apoplectic. Neutered. Numb. VT is usually my favorite game. 4-4 is not what I expected. Not what I thought.

Can we win out? Maybe. But not likely. Even the Falcons are killing me. UGA is undefeated. I am in hell.

Where yall at?

I hope your puppy dog is all right.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
ive downgraded
my expectation a lot. not as invested emotionally but....

i still support the team and the coaches. i will still watch every single game.

AND if we can beat uga and keep them out of the playoffs i would recover a good bit of lost vigor.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
We are not a very good team right now, but we can win out. VT at home and Duke aren't impossible. The UGA game could be a close win or close loss. That game has only been a blowout one year since Paul Johnson has been here and is almost always one score like so many other rivalry games. However there are so many weaknesses all over the team that I would be lying by saying we aren't a bad team right now.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Saturday’s in the fall are one of my favorite things because of GT football...but I won’t lie and say because of how we’ve lost games I’m not too excited for the rest of the year. I’ll be at VT and UGA because of my season tickets.

GTRhino24

GT Athlete
Numb. It’s a survival mechanism living in Alabama. Both state teams have lots to play for still. I’m still excited to play spoiler each week but my wife is ready for football to be over.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Great poll. While the vast majority of votes would be that we will win 1 or 2 of the final 3, the only options given are “we win out” or “no expectations going forward.”

New poll - when I read this thread, it makes me think:
(1) Why has this poster recently become a troll?
(2) Has this poster always been a troll?

Milwaukee

Banned
Hope you're joking about the drunk anger and throwing stuff towards the dog. Goosefrabba.

But honestly I think we can win every game remaining, UGA still doesn't worry me. Maybe that will change in the next couple of weeks. I think I've said it 3 or 4 times already but we've been better than everyone we've played except for CU. No need to clean house or change staffs, just need the players to develop that killer instinct and put teams away in the 4th when we're up.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
"Just good enough to break your heart." I'll watch every game but have found lots else to do and don't really care about the stats like I used to. I know we aren't very good.

It's the ST play (other than punting) which hurts the most. We have the athletes and ST is mostly coaching. I sympathize with the scholarship kicker not panning out so far. But that botched on-side kick was just atrocious. I understand why it made sense given our lousy kick return game, but at least just kick it OOB to put it on the 35 every time.

Just after the game, I got a text from a friend overseas who said "Fire all the coaches." My reply was "Won't matter." That's where my head is at. Looking at GT performance over the last 100+ years, CPJ is right there with Gailey and Ross. Someone else might do a bit better but could do a lot worse. So what.

I've got no expectations, but I every time I see UGAg at #1 I think "Wait till we play them". That will be our bowl game and define the season. So I would have picked the THWG choice second.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Great poll. While the vast majority of votes would be that we will win 1 or 2 of the final 3, the only options given are “we win out” or “no expectations going forward.”

So since when did having critical feelings towards your favorite football program when they continually FAIL to meet expectations and continually FAIL to sustain success all of a sudden becoms the definition of a troll? Troll is becoming just as overused and abused and misconstrued as the word "homer".

I have maintained since the beginning of spring camp that this was the year we should finally follow up a 9+ win season with a similarly successful season. That meant winning 2-4 of Miami, VT, Clemson and UGA. It did not include losing to UT (who is hot garbage come to find out) and UVA. I have maintained I would be extremely disappointed if we did not meet that expectation I had. All the tools are there. This team cannot finish. This team cannot put together back to back good seasons under Paul Johnson. Highs are high but the lows are really low. There is no consistency.

2015 it was injuries. 2017 it is rain. Whats the next excuse? You know there is a chance its going to rain in these games. Why are you not spending practice time pitching and throwing a wet football to prepare your team. UGA spends practice time with wet balls weekly rain or shine. This is called attention to detail. Its called coaching. The fact that our team is so woefully unprepared the minute adversity hits is a direct result of the coaches not putting them into positions to succeed. Then we have to listen to our coach get pissy with the media while he blames everybody but himself or blames injuries and the weather.

Coach Paul Johnson has some serious **** to address. Special teams is still a crap show 9 years into this. The offensive line still underperforms in years where we have loads of experience and they still cant passblock a fart from wafting into our QBs delicate nostrils. The defense has ZERO pass rush.

All of these things are a constant under PJ. Just like 11-3 seasons followed by 3-9, followed by 9-4 followed by 5-6 (most likely). If you want to continue to make excuses for this then by all means continue. I wont apologize for demanding better even if I have to question the "we cant do any better than Paul Johnson". He has given us some great years. He has also given us some really crappy years. What he hasnt given us is really good years followed by pretty good years (8-9 wins). Its either 9+ or 7 or less. Thats why we dont get better in recruiting nor garner any respect nationally or from
Atlanta media. We cannot sustain success. It always comes down to "oh well we are 1 or 2 plays away from being 10-2 instead of 6-6". Im tired of that ****. Well coaches teams make thoss 1 to 2 plays. But here we are again this season saying the same ****. Failure to execute in those critical moments is coaching. Not bad luck. We have a pattern here and luck has nothing to do with it.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
This is the type of thread that drives me nuts. Do you think our SAs deserve to shat upon like this? That's they're giving up? That they feel there's nothing to play for? FFS be a FAN!!!!! You have nowhere near as much invested as the players do and they deserve our support! I have no idea how the remaining games will go but I will be cheering my lungs out is support of Tech football!

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Hope you're joking about the drunk anger and throwing stuff towards the dog. Goosefrabba.

But honestly I think we can win every game remaining, UGA still doesn't worry me. Maybe that will change in the next couple of weeks. I think I've said it 3 or 4 times already but we've been better than everyone we've played except for CU. No need to clean house or change staffs, just need the players to develop that killer instinct and put teams away in the 4th when we're up.

If you cant see the Bronco Mendenhall joke in that hypothetical, then I cant help you understand that was a dramatization.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This is the type of thread that drives me nuts. Do you think our SAs deserve to shat upon like this? That's they're giving up? That they feel there's nothing to play for? FFS be a FAN!!!!! You have nowhere near as much invested as the players do and they deserve our support! I have no idea how the remaining games will go but I will be cheering my lungs out is support of Tech football!

Did anyone crap on the players? I dont see that. I see some critical analysis of our coaches who get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to make our programs competitive who when they put our SAs in positions to fail are ABSOLUTELY open to questioning and criticism.

I think you need to reread it and try to learn to be a little less blind to failure.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Never actually thought about how truly important Harrison Butker was to our team's success: hitting clutch FGs, of course, but mainly kicking into the end zone to prevent kickoff returns through our sieve-like kickoff coverage. When this aspect gets fixed, I will revisit my expectations.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

The beauty of threads like this is it allows all the trolls to self identify, if they weren't already obvious...

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
"Just good enough to break your heart." I'll watch every game but have found lots else to do and don't really care about the stats like I used to. I know we aren't very good.

It's the ST play (other than punting) which hurts the most. We have the athletes and ST is mostly coaching. I sympathize with the scholarship kicker not panning out so far. But that botched on-side kick was just atrocious. I understand why it made sense given our lousy kick return game, but at least just kick it OOB to put it on the 35 every time.

Just after the game, I got a text from a friend overseas who said "Fire all the coaches." My reply was "Won't matter." That's where my head is at. Looking at GT performance over the last 100+ years, CPJ is right there with Gailey and Ross. Someone else might do a bit better but could do a lot worse. So what.

I've got no expectations, but I every time I see UGAg at #1 I think "Wait till we play them". That will be our bowl game and define the season. So I would have picked the THWG choice second.

Miss your stats, but you're absolutely correct on the ST. I really wish we'd go back to a dedicated ST coach.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The beauty of threads like this is it allows all the trolls to self identify, if they weren't already obvious...

There we go again! "He doesnt blindly accept inconsistent results, that man is a troll!" If thats a troll then by god id rather be a troll than fan who cannot hold anyone accountable when expectstions are not met.