When you KNEW you hated UGag

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
For me it would have to be after me transferring in to GT after spending almost two years uga. Most of what I took was a rehash of high school and I got very little class credit. I came away hating that place after experiencing both schools’ academics.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
My Dad has always loved GT, but as a kid, I rebelled and chose the red and black school. Around my high school years, I began to see the error of my ways and by the time I went to Tech, I was screaming THWG (in good fun, of course). However, it wasn't until my 3rd year, after I became Buzz and traveled to the cesspool for an away game (2000, I think)...I heard things coming from UGa(sic) fans that I would never wish on my worst enemy. That pretty much solidified it for me!

(edited to say---I loved pulling on that stupid dawg's tail! He hated it!)
You were a Buzz? That’s pretty cool!

Space Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
My freshman year GT vs pups in 1977. GT won 16-7 at Grant Field. Leaving the stadium with roommate and friends I yelled “ We beat their *** today!” I next felt a searing pain in my shin as some old nad licker fan in a red jacket had kicked me. My hatred was further cemented in 1978 Between the hedges. Besides being berated walking across campus and into the stadium, the Tech fans in the end zone were bombarded from the upper deck with extra large milk bone dog biscuits throughout the game. I would hate Georgia if they were playing tiddlywinks against the russians.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
For me it would have to be after me transferring in to GT after spending almost two years uga. Most of what I took was a rehash of high school and I got very little class credit. I came away hating that place after experiencing both schools’ academics.

I too transferred to to GT from Uga but was only there for two quarters. I took calculus, chemistry, physics, etc. while there and it felt like the "13th grade" to me...in other words just incrementally different than going from sophomore year to junior year in HS. When I got to Tech it was a quantum leap, much like an athlete faces going from HS to SEC or ACC level of play. It took me awhile to figure out how to function in the new environment. Unfortunately there wasn't a 'redshirt" year for students.:)

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
it was around the mid 70's before i chose gt from a list of clemson auburn gt florida.

i was with a bunch of friends watching the nyds games and i had to deal with a falling down spittin in your face drunk dwag. getting down on all fours. woofing. spittin in my face 'how about dem dawgs'.

same guy passed out in my apt and during the night never made it to the bathroom. he urinated on the hall wall all over the carpet. im not sure how i kept my composure that day. even after he refused to clean it up.

LarryMunson

Jolly Good Fellow
I've always hated georgia but...
after the game in 2008:
the ex was moving the kids to the other side of the country after a bitter custody battle. her attorney and the judge were dawg fans.
They altered the agreement the papers I signed so that I had a maximum of 30 minutes phone contact w my kids per week instead of minimum.
They removed blocks of my visitation time.
They even changed my Thanksgiving visits from odd years to even years because "you do not need to take your children to football games in Atlanta. Athens is a better environment."

TL;DR version- rural georgia lawyers were bitter about a loss and impacted my ability to remain a part of my kids lives.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
after the game in 2008:
the ex was moving the kids to the other side of the country after a bitter custody battle. her attorney and the judge were dawg fans.
They altered the agreement the papers I signed so that I had a maximum of 30 minutes phone contact w my kids per week instead of minimum.
They even changed my Thanksgiving visits from odd years to even years because "you do not need to take your children to football games in Atlanta. Athens is a better environment."

TL;DR version- rural georgia lawyers were bitter about a loss and impacted my ability to remain a part of my kids lives.
WTF

after the game in 2008:

WOW, man that really, REALLY sucks.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
The '78 game. My date (now wife) was at Uga so we attended together. That is the game that Eddie Lee Ivery was intentionally hurt. I saw how their fans reacted to that and lost any respect for them I might have had prior to that game.

Around that time, me and my roommate who I met in Techwood dorm went to the Uga BB at the McMammary. Don't recall who won that game but we were jawing with a bunch of Uga fans (students) afterwards when things got out of hand. It turned into a 10 on 2 brawl, with us being on the low end number wise. My roommate spent the night at the hospital that night with a concussion and several other injuries. I didn't mind losing a fight at the time as that was most often the typical outcome for me but the numbers thing always disturbed me. I tell myself that if there had only been 8 the outcome would have been different. However Ma Tech had prepared me to always expect the shaft in life no matter what.;)
I’ve heard Buck Belue talk about that & actually pretty much admit they did it on purpose , very classy bunch

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Mid 80’s , I was around 10, my dad was a huge tech fan & I was following his footsteps , & for me the hatred came from the ribbing I got at school from uga fans & just the pure “obnoxious “ attitude from uga people ! I remember hearing about how uga purposely hurt Clint castleberry & robert Lavette & the crookedness of Dooley ,and then began hearing of the horror some of our fans go through when they visit Sanford . I’ve got a ton of hatred for them & it gets worse every year lol

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
do you remember a sharon keener? from northside? she and her husband lived next to me in pine lake. he got a ce degree and she found out she was really good at math after being a receptionist for 10 years and got a phd in math from ga state.

how about danny morgan"? also a northside grad ?
Those names aren't familiar to me. I remember teachers though. Mr. Clark , Mr. ( Coach) Wadewitz. Classmates : Dan Aldredge, Mike Hill, Jed Tankersly, Hope Winecoff.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Not being a Georgia native, it took me longer than most. But my senior year, I went to the game in Athens in 1982, and on the walk to the stadium, our group had to dodge beer bottles being thrown at us by some redneck goon. At least he had the decency to scream "damn tech fans" before the first bottle was thrown so we could see them coming. Not satisfied with just getting away from this nonsense, we mocked him, insisting that he throw full ones so we could have a beer on the way to the stadium.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
The '78 game. My date (now wife) was at Uga so we attended together. That is the game that Eddie Lee Ivery was intentionally hurt. I saw how their fans reacted to that and lost any respect for them I might have had prior to that game.

Around that time, me and my roommate who I met in Techwood dorm went to the Uga BB at the McMammary. Don't recall who won that game but we were jawing with a bunch of Uga fans (students) afterwards when things got out of hand. It turned into a 10 on 2 brawl, with us being on the low end number wise. My roommate spent the night at the hospital that night with a concussion and several other injuries. I didn't mind losing a fight at the time as that was most often the typical outcome for me but the numbers thing always disturbed me. I tell myself that if there had only been 8 the outcome would have been different. However Ma Tech had prepared me to always expect the shaft in life no matter what.;)

yep, I was there in '78 and felt the disgust when I saw that guy turn Eddie Lee's ankle

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
I was 10 years old when dogs won the natty (1980) - I really did not hate them until then - Became real obnoxious and arrogant and it is still that way today - i would be ridiculed for wearing Tech gear to school, etc. Heck, a couple of weeks ago my family (decked in our GT game day gear) was booed at a festival in East Atlanta before the Pitt game by a idiot uga fan. THWg