When will we be able to afford....

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I agree.

We don't have the financial flexibility to pay two coaches to go away. Big fish donors gave Bobblehead the Heisman last year. Nothing we have seen suggests things have changed

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He only donated $15MM with the balance coming from debt & other donations. Also, he's since passed away. The commentator didn't know wtf he was talking about.

After this season is over, we would owe about $1.3MM to BG in buyout & about $2.7MM to Hewitt in buyout. We don't have the $4MM to do that and then pay a competitive rate for a competitive coach.

I have heard on various sites that we have boosters ready to support a revamp of the program, but not until the buyouts are done because MBob effed up.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
... 2018 or 2019.

No one on the site won a third of the 1.6 Billion dollar lottery, thus the time frame will most likely not be moved up.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I remember contacting Mbob when they gave CBG that stupid extension. He had the asst AD call me and say that it was an act of good faith and that they fully expected to be a tourney team the following year. I asked when you looked at our roster, how did they expect that and implied thru transfers. Well, that was about 2 to 3 years ago and we see how that has worked...very frustrating.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I remember contacting Mbob when they gave CBG that stupid extension. He had the asst AD call me and say that it was an act of good faith and that they fully expected to be a tourney team the following year. I asked when you looked at our roster, how did they expect that and implied thru transfers. Well, that was about 2 to 3 years ago and we see how that has worked...very frustrating.

Actually, we should've been a tourney team that year had Robert Carter & Trae Golden remained healthy the entire season.