When should we expect an updated depth chart from coaches?

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
Since no one is answering this. The earliest it could come out is Tuesday, since the scout team should be sorted out by then. I think we are going to have to wait until August 30th and game week. I believe the depth chart is put out on the Tuesday of game week.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think a lot of the skill spots on O are fairly set. Here are my best guesses, CPJ has indicated several.
QB.
1. JT
2. MJ & TM (2a and 2b)
WR.
1. Jeune & Stewart
2. MLD, Harland Howell, Jalen Camp
BB.
1a. MM
1b. Mills
2. QW, Allen, Benson
AB. Not certain about starters but I think Qua and Lynch. Cotrell, Willis, L Griffen, JJ Green. (guessing there isn't a ton of separation yet but depth chart will be interesting here).

Oline 1s are set I think...2s not so much.
Lots of questions on D. Freeman and Gamble most certainly 1s. Kallon, Henderson, Glanton?? Adams may also play (1st 4 games should show)
PJ at LB....the rest?
Safeties are probably set except at Nickel.
CBs? No idea.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Durham has one CB spot locked up and the other is probably Austin the hero. Your list is good but very interested in dline and Aback and also linebacker. I would expect a depth chart sometime mid next week but just not sure.

Unk T

Georgia Tech Fan
I think a lot of the skill spots on O are fairly set. Here are my best guesses, CPJ has indicated several.
QB.
1. JT
2. MJ & TM (2a and 2b)
WR.
1. Jeune & Stewart
BB.
1a. MM
1b. Mills
2. QW, Allen, Benson
AB. Not certain about starters but I think Qua and Lynch. Cotrell, Willis, L Griffen, JJ Green. (guessing there isn't a ton of separation yet but depth chart will be interesting here).

Lots of questions on D. Freeman and Gamble most certainly 1s. Kallon, Henderson, Glanton?? Adams may also play (1st 4 games should show)
PJ at LB....the rest?
CBs? No idea.

AB starters will be Lynch and Willis... it seemed pretty clear at today's scrimmage....

Also, I think Matthew Jordan is the clear #2 at QB. Lucas Johnson looked good at QB today and I think he will definitely be in the battle for starting QB next year...

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
QB.
1. JT
2. MJ & TM (2a and 2b)
WR.
1. Jeune & Stewart
BB.
1a. MM
1b. Mills
2. QW, Allen, Benson

PJ at LB....the rest?
CBs? No idea.

I think maybe LT is still up in the air a little. Otherwise I think you're dead on on offense, at least regarding the guys who will play.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Lucas Johnson looked good at QB today and I think he will definitely be in the battle for starting QB next year...

george-costanza.jpg

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think willis is a starter at ab for some reason. Not searcy

Left tackle....marshall run blocks better. I think he wins it out.

On D it's probably chungong gamble kallon freeman
I think brant wins out. Why start a senior walkon if he is neck and neck with a soph with higher potential. Its a no brainer. Pj davis and the other lb probably curry? Or terrel? I can't remember

Secondary seems set to me. Gray griffin austin austin and durham although the usc dude is right there. So that could be the battle

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
I think willis is a starter at ab for some reason. Not searcy

Left tackle....marshall run blocks better. I think he wins it out.

On D it's probably chungong gamble kallon freeman
I think brant wins out. Why start a senior walkon if he is neck and neck with a soph with higher potential. Its a no brainer. Pj davis and the other lb probably curry? Or terrel? I can't remember

Secondary seems set to me. Gray griffin austin austin and durham although the usc dude is right there. So that could be the battle
??? I like Willis but Searcy is a better runner by far.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
IIRC, PJ subs ABs on a play-to-play shuttle -- typically one out / one in with a new play.. Willis has more exp and is reliable. If I had to wager, I would assume the first play call wouldn't feature him.

But haven't seen scrimmages this year and have been a little surprised at PJ's lack of excitement (relative to his uncharacteristic glee over the hustle and BBs) over the ABs.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Blocking wins games!

They will all rotate and the ones that stand out will get the most time. There may be situational BBacks like Snoddy