When does Pastner feel heat

slugboy

Staff member

he's feeling the heat apperantly.

Or, like most coaches that make it to D1 and especially to P6 play, he hates losing and what it means to his team and to his coaches.

You can be completely dissatisfied with the coaching the last few years and still believe that Pastner and his coaches want to win as much as anything else.

The coaching staff is probably spending 80 to 90 hours at work a week. There are only 168 hours in a week, and you spend about 56 of them sleeping. These people hardly see their families. They’re committed.

They’re just not getting it done the last two years.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Or, like most coaches that make it to D1 and especially to P6 play, he hates losing and what it means to his team and to his coaches.

You can be completely dissatisfied with the coaching the last few years and still believe that Pastner and his coaches want to win as much as anything else.

The coaching staff is probably spending 80 to 90 hours at work a week. There are only 168 hours in a week, and you spend about 56 of them sleeping. These people hardly see their families. They’re committed.

They’re just not getting it done the last two years.
All true. That leads to one conclusion.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
We've never gotten the big time Wheeler guys. But somehow ****ing Cal Berkley does.

Do people not know the Wheeler v GT(Cremins) history? That should be stickied on the board for newcomers.

For you ... uh, 'us' :cautious: ... old-heads, has that beef been squashed now that Lipscomb isn't there anymore?

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Do people not know the Wheeler v GT(Cremins) history? That should be stickied on the board for newcomers.

For you ... uh, 'us' :cautious: ... old-heads, has that beef been squashed now that Lipscomb isn't there anymore?
Yes, please enlighten us as to the history of Wheeler v GT.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yes, please enlighten us as to the history of Wheeler v GT.

And to elaborate on dtm's recollection, I want to reiterate that Abdur Rahim was all but a lock to GT until Cal paid him and came up with that whole religion angle as a cover story - that he went there because of his Muslim faith and Bozeman (Cal coach) having that connection to him or w/e.

Gt literally never got a Wheeler kid since then. That's malpractice by the Wheeler coach imho.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
And to elaborate on dtm's recollection, I want to reiterate that Abdur Rahim was all but a lock to GT until Cal paid him and came up with that whole religion angle as a cover story - that he went there because of his Muslim faith and Bozeman (Cal coach) having that connection to him or w/e.

Gt literally never got a Wheeler kid since then. That's malpractice by the Wheeler coach imho.
Lipscomb was the best recruiter in the state anyway. Ask any of those coaches from whom he poached during the day.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
It’s so sad to see Pastner like this. That 2021 run was special and is something I’ll cherish forever.
Those memories have faded rapidly under the repeated double-digit beatings administered in a very down year for the conference. And I mean beatings. Syracuse beat us by 18. And they just got steamrolled by Va Tech.
I just hope the Duke double up is the last time we see the Tech hoops team embarrassed so blatantly.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

That streak was finally broken in transfer form with Charles Mitchell and Jordan Usher, but direct from HS, still nada.

That said, the kids we'd want from Wheeler have been national recruits with better options.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Those memories have faded rapidly under the repeated double-digit beatings administered in a very down year for the conference. And I mean beatings. Syracuse beat us by 18. And they just got steamrolled by Va Tech.
I just hope the Duke double up is the last time we see the Tech hoops team embarrassed so blatantly.
For me, the embarrassment wasn't so much the final score, but the fact that Duke, with their third team, ran the Princeton twice against our starters and scored on wide open looks both times. THAT, my friends, is pure embarrassment. Basically them telling us their third string is better than our starters...

Jetdrive3

Jolly Good Fellow
For me, the embarrassment wasn't so much the final score, but the fact that Duke, with their third team, ran the Princeton twice against our starters and scored on wide open looks both times. THAT, my friends, is pure embarrassment. Basically them telling us their third string is better than our starters...
Well! They have not missed a beat on recruitment and the depth of their coaching staff